No Confessions, Father.

The motorcycle stopped abruptly. A few dangerous inches away from the wide metal gate in front of the church.

The driver turned his head left and right as if scanning his sorroundings before taking off his helmet in frustration.

The helmet revealed a handsome face with deep set eyes, a sharp nose and a noticeable short mustache and beard. He was dressed in a black coat and tight jeans.This man is Zhao Yunlan.

Zhao Yunlan backed his motorcyle a meter away from the gate before he proceeded to get off. Making sure that the vehicle was stable, he placed his helmet on the handle before walking towards the metal gate.

He pressed his face against the metal bars of the gate trying to see everything inside without getting in. Yet, he saw none of what he was looking for and felt his efforts were in vain.

Zhao Yunlan clicked his tongue and stared at the gate disapprovingly. This rusty old gate is being a hindrance to what he set out to do today.

The first time he passed by this gate was purely by accident.

He was on his way to a meeting and he was running late.The route he usually took was being repaired and closed off to all vehicles and the alternative was part of the mainstream traffic. Moving was nearly impossible during the rush hours of morning and night.

In his stressed mind, he briefly recalled an unpaved road that was barely used due to its narrow width and poor maintenance. The route was actually longer but judging by the traffic, he would probably get to his meeting faster if he used the unpaved road. There and then, he manuevered his motorcycle out of the sea of cars.

Speeding on the narrow road, he observed his sorroundings carefully, trying to find a familiar landmark. That was when he saw the church standing at the sharp bend of the road. The church looked really gloomy and abandoned, dilapidated and tacky that he doubt anyone would want to stay in that place.

His speed brought him near the church quickly. He was so focused trying to gauge the age of the church that when a moving figure entered his line of sight it took him completely by surprise causing him to jump involuntarily.

He squeezed the brake too hard and as a result his motorcycle skidded loudly as he tried to avoid crashing against the church's gate.

"Damned fuck!" Yunlan cursed, his irritation growing by the second.

He checked his motorcycle for gashes or chinks. Luckily, there was no damage.

"Are you alright? Did you hurt yourself?" a hollow and calming voice asked.

Yunlan looked up in surprise and found himself staring at the most beautiful face he had ever seen. The face has a pearly white complexion with sharp features, expressive eyes completed with round glasses perched on his nose.

Those eyes were looking him with such worry that he can't help but grin sheepishly before he replied.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

"Are you sure? You may come in so I can tend to your wounds." the person insisted, genuine concern evident in the suggestion.

"I'd rather not. I think my wounds, if any, won't be the only ones tended if I come in. I might even leave with a few more scratches on my back." he accompanied this statement with a very suggestive wiggle of his brows.

The man stared at Yunlan with a blank expression. His eyes reflecting an 'I beg your pardon' expression.Not realizing that this man before him was trying to drop a hint.

Yunlan straightened up. Realizing that the owner of the face is a man. Though that is not the problem, the man before him was a clergyman if the black robes he wore were any indicator.