◇Do Something Different◇

From random shouts to unanticipated attacks, the military mindset is all about preparing for the unknown. In military lingo, this is called 'Situational Awareness'.

Basically, it is the ability of your mind to pay attention to what's going or happening around you. Of course, a military environment will require entirely different levels of combat tactics and mental conditioning techniques to develop this special ability but you too can practice this technique at any point and time in life.

Mental agility is built when you give your brain something new, challenging and entirely unknown to experience.

To make better decisions in your personal and professional lives, you will need lots of mental planning and courage.

How they do it in the military? - Mental conditioning drills in the military are reinforced by positive thinking, controlled aggressive thoughts, relaxation and defusing of destructive emotions. The training involves thinking of new situations and circumstances that might (or might not) happen in the future.

How can you do it? - Start by giving your brain new situations and simulations on a daily level. Routine is the recipe to safety and to develop mental courage, you'll have to break the patterns of routine.

It's easy to be happy when you're well-placed in your personal and professional life. But ask yourself - will you be happy if you're put in a totally different situation or curve in life? How well would you respond to the unknown? Do you have the courage to take the unexpected punches and fits life can throw at you anytime?

Start going out to new places. Make a point to meet new people (even if you're an introvert). Try saying yes to new experiences and activities. Pick up a or a useful skill. To be successful, you must learn how to build the right amount of mental confidence and preparedness and for that you must embrace the unknown.

Have the courage to try out something new and different whenever life gives you an opportunity.

Yes, you might fail, suck at it or make a complete fool of yourself. So what? At the least, you'll be wiser, fuller and better prepared than anyone who doesn't even want to face fear in the eye.