cy¹ | artistic

School just finished and Youngjae was over, as per usual, to help you with your art project that was due tomorrow

The plastic rustled under your bare feet as you padded to and fro from the paint to the canvas. "Why don't we mask the rest of the painting and splatter colours over here to create contrast from this sad, gloomy side?" Your best friend suggested and you clapped your hands in excitement at the great idea. The artwork was a combination of oil paint, pastels and watercolors to create the imagine of a woman looking out onto the Sun setting over the Horizon but instead of warm hues it was blacks and grey. The earth was dying and as generations grow the more lonely they feel even with the internet to connect us to millions of people a day; that was the message.

You stood back as Youngjae dipped his paintbrush into the yellow and swung it so that the paint would splatter onto the canvas. The blotches of the cheerful colour stood out harshly against the black background. You did the same with a baby blue, the colour easing the black and yellow contrast.

An hour passed where you and Youngjae were laughing and flinging paint at the artwork until you both decided it was complete.

You were collecting your brushes to wash them when Youngjae called for you so you turned around but as you did, your foot started sliding on the plastic and you fell. Suddenly Youngjae's laugh filled the room. The sound was heavenly and your most favourite thing in the world was hearing your best friend laugh. Well, crush. Lately you've been having these odd nervous feelings around him and thoughts about holding his hand or even kissing him. It felt sinful to have these thoughts about your best friend but you couldn't stop yourself from falling for him more and more every day.

"Are you okay?" He asked, helping you to stand on your feet and you nodded, hiding your face from his view in hopes he wouldn't get a glance at your ruby cheeks.

"Y/n, you've got something on your face." He muttered as he brought his hand to your chin and made you look up at him. Having him this close shouldn't be making your heart swell and stomach flutter in excitement but it did. Best friends shouldn't be feeling these things!

His finger brushed against your cheek, wiping something across it and he tsked in annoyance. You wanted to smile at him and put your hand over his, but you knew it would just make things awkward because there's no way Choi Youngjae had any sorts of these feelings towards you.

He was so close you could see the mole under his eye clearly, like a coffee drop on a piece of paper, and you held your breath when you could almost feel yourself bring yourself closer to him. He hadn't noticed, still focusing on getting the paint off your face, until his wiping stopped and his eyes met yours.

Your eyes widened at how close you actually moved towards him, darting your gaze from one orb to the other. His hands still held your face. "Youngjae..." You started to pull away but he only pull you closer until your lips met his. You stood frozen, unsure of what to do and he immediately pulled back.

"I- I'm so sorry Y/n, I- I wanted to tell you that-that I have feelings for you and this wasn't how I planned it. If you don't want- want to be friends anymore I under-understand." His words minced into confusion and all you could do was smile at how cute he was when he was this flustered. His hands moved about, his eyes avoided you and his feet shuffled left and right.

"Youngjae..." You quietly called, hoping to get his attention but he just stood there, staring down at the floor and fiddled with the bottom button of his shirt. You sighed.

Carefully you moved closer to him and moved your head to the side so your lips could meet his again, this time you both moved against each other. The feelings that you've been suppressing for so long erupted inside of you and you smiled against him. The happiness you felt was beyond what you could explain or even really understand. "I like you too Jae." You said when you pulled away and he leaned his forhead against yours. He sighed in relief and you chuckled, pulling him in for a hug but unlike any hug before you nuzzled into his chest while his hands wrapped around your waist.

* ੈ ✧‧₊˚ * ੈ ✧‧₊˚** ੈ ✧‧₊˚*

U N E D I T E D
-
790 words