ij² | want

You were beyond nervous as the taxi slowed to a stop in front of the cafe, the rain running down along the vehicle's windows didn't help with your pressed bladder. Gripping your umbrella, you bravely stepped out the car and opened the protective item above your head. A shiver run up your spine, due to the inflected drops of water splashing up and patching your stockings, as you hurried into the small store. Before your eyes wondered to where your expectant date was, they scanned for the lavatory so you could relieve yourself after that hour long drive.

Quickly you touched up on your makeup after you washed your hands and scurried out, searching for a familiar friend.

It hadn't taken you long to spot the tall male sitting at one of the tables closest to the front doors and you smiled as soon as his worried eyes met yours, his concern evaporating into the humid atmosphere of the cafe. Your legs moved on their own accord, bringing you back into the bathroom and stopping until you faced the mirror.

I can't do this, you thought. You knew why he had phoned to meet you. You had always known when things became more complicated. If Jackson's suggestive teasing and Youngjae's jokes about your two's marriage weren't clues then I don't know what to tell you.

It's not that you didn't like him back, trust me, but relationships have always made you nervous, no matter the amount of time you knew them. Somehow in your head you felt that you'd at some point mess it up like in your previous relationships and you didn't want to ruin your connection with Jaebeom.

Your phone vibrated in your purse and you looked at the message, hoping it was one of your friends needing you and in turn gave you an excuse to avoid this whole shebang. But it was Jaebeom.

14:24 | him
I promise I don't bite.

You chuckled and felt your heart palpate in adoration. It was strange to you how a small message like this could make you feel butterflies. After thinking of a reply, you decided to just go out instead. You gave yourself a pep talk before heading out and striding up to him.

"Hey." He smiled. Dang that smile was beautiful.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that. I forgot my phone in the bathroom." You lied, hoping he'd buy it, and he didn't question it even though he looked doubtfully at you. You took a seat after he pulled the chair out for you and pushed it back in.

When he was seated again, looking at you nervously, you sighed softly in hope to relieve the knot in your stomach. It only lasted momentarily until he spoke, "I got you your usual." You smiled and looked down at your own intertwined fingers on the table. The tension was killing you. You wanted to know; you wanted him to say it... you wanted him.

Your lips parted as you were about to speak but the waitress came with your [favourite caffeine drink] and as she retreated, she took your confidence with.

"Y/n," he caught your attention, and held it for the longest second in time. "The reason I called you here was... uhm... I... I-"

"I'm pretty sure-"

"Let me say this, please Y/n," he ran his hand through his hair, closing his eyes as he gathered himself. "I like you. A lot a lot. I want to take you out, hold you, tell you how beautiful you are. I want all those things."

You kept your mouth shut for a few moments to pass. Jaebeom looked as if he was on the verge of a breakdown - his overwhelming emotions rattling his mind.

"What about when I'm sad? If I get angry at you? Or I can't sleep? Do you think you can handle the bad too? I'm not perfect you know?" You chuckled softly at the end and he smiled. His hand reached out and took your hand in his. He kissed the back of your hand, making you blush.

"I want all of you."

* ੈ ✧‧₊˚ * ੈ ✧‧₊˚** ੈ ✧‧₊˚*

U N E D I T E D
-
699 words