cy²•¹ | slip up

Youngjae was upset with you for some unknown reason and instead of talking about it, he's been singing all morning to himself as he mosied around the house while watching TV or playing Piano Tiles on his phone. Every time you'd try and sit down with him to talk he'd stand up and leave the room. It frustrated you that you couldn't even get a good morning from him despite making him breakfast in bed, not that he ate it, and tapping in a nice bath for him. No, he just continued to pretend that you didn't exist.

"Youngjae!" You groaned, falling onto the bed and resting your chin in your hand. He didn't acknowledge you at all, belting out notes to a Sam Smith song with Itaewon Class playing on the TV screen in the background.

You inhaled deeply, the guilt pressed down on your stomach and constrained your chest. You didn't even know what you were guilty for but Youngjae really made you believe you did the worst thing to him with the way he was acting. Straining in thought you re-evaluated every single thing you did this past week — well, what you could remember of it — but nothing deemed worthy of isolation. Maybe it was the time you ate the last slice of pizza leftovers for lunch on Monday? Or when he fell alseep playing Overwatch, you turned off the gaming console and tucked him into a blacket on Wednesday?

"Youngjae! I'm going out!" You hollered as you grabbed your phone and purse on the kitchen counter. You didn't know why you were even telling him, it wasn't like he was going to satisfy you with any type of response. You shut the apartment door, having it lock automatically behind you, and trutted to the elevator. The doors shut when your phone began to ring in your pocket. Sighing, you picked it up, seeing that the caller was Mark. "Hey." You greeted through the phone, watching the numbers on the digital screen above the doors decrease in level numbers.

"Hey, listen, we can't see Youngjae for his brithday today unfortunately with the comeback and all so we were wondering if you'd organise a little video call later this evening? With a cake and streamers and things? We'd like to sing for him." The doors slid open but you were too busy processing how it was Youngjae's birthday and it completely slipped your mind!

"Uh, yeah, of course. I gotta go." You hung up immediately and ran to the underground train, hoping to catch a ride to the CBD and getting party supplies. He turned 24 today so you had to get a lot of candles for the cake, balloons, streamers, and the sort! No wonder Youngjae was mad at you! You didn't wish him happy birthday or give him your present, that you got him a while ago already. Wow, Youngjae was actually petty. You chuckled to yourself at his childish behaviour.

When you purchased two bags full of decorations and foods, you headed home with hope that he'd be busy somewhere in the apartment for long enough for you to set everything up later. Maybe it was a good thing you forgot and made him believe you did too so that he'd have a big surprise this evening.

You poked your head in through the front door and noticed the space empty so you quickly scurried into the kitchen and hid the supplies into a cupboard when Youngjae left the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He took his phone that lay on the couch's armrest and went into your shared bedroom. Hurriedly you went to the room and locked the door. This would surely keep him out the lounge area for a while... it might even get him talking again. Immediately you got to work.

Ten minutes into decoration your phone vibrated and it was a text from Youngjae.

bbyjae☀️❤ | 5.39 pm
why am I being locked in the room?

you | 5.41 pm
give me five more minutes :)
seen

bbyjae☀️❤ |  5.42 pm
I'm going to miss Bachelorette >:(

You shook your head, chuckling, as you tied the last string to the happy birthday banner and your feet finally met the floor again as you climbed down the chair. You quickly tidied the place up and conveniently got a video call on your laptop from Jackson, you know it was all of them. They all greeted eagerly and you hushed them to be quiet, explaining what was going to happen. Snickering they all agreed to your plan and you gave them a thumbs up.

Stealthily you turned off the lights in your house, leaving on the guest bathroom light so you could still see, leaving nothing but mostly the laptop to light up the room. You glanced at the screen and saw BamBam sitting in position, making you chuckle to yourself as you made your way to the bedroom door and unlocked it.

As quickly as you could, you got hold of the birthday cake and waited by the light switch.

* ੈ ✧‧₊˚ * ੈ ✧‧₊˚** ੈ ✧‧₊˚*

U N E D I T E D
-
859 words

to be continued...