Chapter Forty - Innocent

- Jax - 

Harleys now 18 weeks along, the first half of this pregnancy has gone by so quickly, the months of morning sickness really took everything she had to give, she had to spend most of her time in bed, luckily that cleared up around 2 weeks ago. Today's the day we will find out what we are having, Harley thinks it's a girl, I think it's a boy. The appointment is at 5 pm, we have Gunner, Shelby, Betty and Shark Eye's coming with us to find out together.

"Jax, have you seen my shirt?" Harley yells out from the bathroom, "You mean my shirt?" I reply with a smile, she nudges me with her shoulder before grabbing the shirt out of my hands "It's the only thing that fits me right now, I need to go clothes shopping" she grumbles to herself, "How about I take you after the appointment? And we can grab some baby stuff afterwards too" her face lights up before she throws her arms around me, "Oohh thank you handsomely!" She squeals.

We make our way downstairs and have breakfast sitting at the table with everyone else, "Are you excited for your appointment love?" Betty asks as she places a plate of food infront of Harley and I, I thank her quietly while Harley replies to her "I can't wait, it's been so long since we have seen the little devil" she says tapping her stomach softly causing the baby to slightly kick.

"I just wish Matthew would have been apart of this" she says quietly while she begins to play with he food infront of her plate, "Yeah too bad he's burning in hell as we speak" Gunner replies, she stops playing with the food and drops her fork onto the plate, "Oh you didn't tell her?" he asks me, she turns to me and looks me dead in the eyes "Tell me what?" She asks calmly.

"I killed your brother" I blurt out, good going Jax really smooth. Her mouth drops while she stares at me, "You killed him and didn't even tell me?" She questions, "It's not like that Harley, just with everything that happened it slipped my mind I promise" she stands up from the table and dusts her clothes off "I'm going out," she says as she walks out the wooden doors.

I run after her catching up to her at one of the SUV's, "Come on kitten, let's go inside and talk about this" I say holding onto her wrist, she slowly turns to me her eyes cold "I'll meet you's at the appointment" she shakes her arm away from me and climbs into the SUV.

I watch as the car pulls out from the compound and drives off down the street, Jax you fucking idiot, I groan loudly before turning around and heading inside, "I'll be in my office until 5 if anyone needs me" I speak as I make my way across the room, I don't bother to look at anyone to see whether they're listening or not.

Once in my office I lock the doors behind me and bury myself into paperwork, Harley won't do anything stupid, not now she's pregnant, she barley even kills people anymore. The phone begins to ring and I pick it up "Killer speaking" I say into the phone, I wait for a reply when finally a voice comes through the phone "Brother we have a problem" I hear a thick Spanish accent, "Ricci?" I ask, "Who else is Spanish and calls you, burro?" 'donkey?'  He replies getting agitated by the second, "Well what do you want?" I ask flicking through the paperwork on my desk, "Some of my enemies have found out about Harley" he says through the phone, "They already knew about Harley why are you telling me this?" I question him.

I look over to the clock and see there's an hour until it's 5, I close my eyes and wait for Ricci's response, "No you idiot about Harley being pregnant" my eyes shoot open and I sit up in my seat, "What have you heard?" I ask him tapping my finger on the table waiting for him to speak, "Last I heard they were on their way to America that was a little over 5 hours ago, no one at the airports have spotted them so I don't know where they have landed, just keep an eye on her, they play dirty, they won't hesitate to kill her especially if she puts up a fight".