Chapter Nine

Tommy glared up at the man of steel, mentally cursing him out before running back into the battle, trying to find the one person who could help him.

"M'gann!" The martian grunted in response, still locked in her psychic battle with the brainwashing. "M'gann, cut it out. I need your help."

"She's busy, Tommy." Artemis hissed, shooting an exploding arrow at a group of parademons. "What do you need?"

"I need M'gann." He picked her up and dashed into the mountain, yanking her out of the telepathic battle. She glared at him, about to ask him what that was for when Tommy brought her over to the zeta tubes. "We are going to the Watchtower."

"Uh, in case you didn't notice, we are getting slaughtered out there. Why are we going to the Watchtower?"

Tommy grinned, pulling M'gann into the zeta tubes and launching them up to the Watchtower. Once they were there, he dragged her through the hallways until they reached their destination. M'gann's eyes widened when she saw where Tommy had brought her.

Tommy, on the other hand, was frozen, staring at the bed that contained the one and only Scarlet Witch. He walked slowly over to his mother, falling to his knees next to her bedside. "Mom...?"

M'gann crouched next to Tommy, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Tommy, what are we doing here?"

Tommy tore his eyes away from his comatose mother, looking up at M'gann. "I need you to create a mind link between me and mom."

"To-"

"Please, I have a plan."

M'gann sighed but agreed, closing her eyes to focus on setting up the link. Once she set it up, she looked over to Tommy to inform him that he had three minutes, only to find him unconscious. She sighed, sitting on one of the various chairs. "This better work, Tommy..."

Inside The Mind Link

Tommy opened his eyes to find himself in an unfamiliar field, a helicopter on the other side. He noticed two female figures, one he recognized as Black Widow and the other who he could not tell, as she had her back to him. He walked closer, accidentally stepping on a twig and drawing the attention of both the women.

His eyes bugged out when he saw a teenaged version of his mother standing there, confusion on her face. He smiled, tears springing up to his eyes as he walked faster. "Mom? Is that really you?"

Wanda gasped, meeting Tommy halfway. She placed her hands on the sides of his face and looked him over. "You've grown so much."

Tommy grinned wider, nodding vigorously. "I-I don't even know what to say right now. This is not how I imagined our first meeting would go."

Wanda chuckled, pulling Tommy into a hug. "Believe me, Thomas, I know."

"How'd you know I was Tommy and not Billy?"

She winked. "I am your mother, of course I know." She looked around, a frown on her face. "Where is your brother, by the way?"

Tommy frowned, remembering why he was there in the first place. "Mom, Billy was kidnapped by aliens. The Apokoliptic force that the Avengers were sent to stop? They have Billy."

Wanda inhaled sharply, eyes lighting up scarlet. "No. This will not do."

"We need you, mom. The Avengers are brainwashed and who knows what is happening to Billy."

Wanda nodded, kissing the top of Tommy's head. "Fret not, my son. Mother is here and she will help."

Tommy hugged Wanda, feeling the pull of being yanked out of the mind link. "Mom, please hurry."

Wanda squeezed Tommy tightly before releasing him, watching as he faded from her mind.

Watchtower

Tommy sat up with a gasp, startling M'gann. He looked over at his mother to see her face start to scrunch up, a scarlet aura surrounding her. "Come on, mom, you can do this."

A moment later Wanda's eyes opened up and Tommy was in her arms in an instant. She smiled down at him, kissing his temple. She noticed M'gann there and nodded at her. "Thank you for bringing my son to me." She turned to Tommy. "Now, where is your brother being held?"

The two young heroes helped Wanda out of bed as she was still weak, making their way towards the zeta tubes. They arrived back in the mountain, walking hurriedly towards the exit.

Once they were outside, Wanda's eyes widened when she saw her teammates fighting the Justice League and their proteges. She looked over at her son to see him motioning for M'gann to go back into the fight. "Tommy, we have to help them."

"Billy first." Tommy pointed up at the sky at the massive alien ship, making Wanda's eyes go wider. "He is up there with who knows what happening to him. Come on!"

Wanda sighed, wrapping an arm around Tommy before flying them up to the ship. They landed silently, Tommy punching a window open to allow the two of them to enter.  They made their way down the hallways, stopping when Tommy heard a familiar scream. His face scrunched up with sorrow before tugging Wanda in the direction of the scream.

The mother and son pair stopped outside a door to catch their breaths. Tommy nodded at his mom and they pushed the door open, Wanda's hands aflame with her energy. They let out a gasp when they saw Billy strapped to a table, head lolling to the side.

Tommy was there in an instant, trying to undo the straps to no avail. He turned to their mother with tears in his eyes and she nodded, pointing a finger at the straps and firing a bolt of her magic. The straps undid themselves and Tommy began to lift Billy off the table.

Billy began to squirm, eyes opening slightly to reveal bright blue orbs. He pushed Tommy away, staggering to his own feet with no support.

"Billy, its me. Tommy. Mom's here too." Tommy walked towards his twin, hands raised in surrender. Billy turned to him, eyes wide and still glowing. He backed up, shaking his head. Tommy looked heartbroken. "Billy?"

"He works for me now." Wanda and Tommy turned to see a hulking beast, eyes unfeeling. They backed up as the monster made his way to stand next to Billy, placing his hands on his shoulder. "Child, be a dear and send these heroes back to Earth. We shall take care of them then."

Billy nodded, lifting a hand and flexing it towards his mother and brother. They went flying back to the battlefield, landing with a thud.

"Tommy! What happened?" Zatanna asked, running up to the mother and son.

"Billy..."

"What?"

Tommy turned to Zatanna with a heart broken expression. "They have Billy. And he is going to destroy us all."