Chapter Ten

Omg it has been nearly a month since I've updated, I am so sorry! This is really short and crappy but I just wanted to update after so long, my apologies.

"What? What do you mean?" Zatanna cried out in shock, noticing Wanda standing next to Tommy. "Oh, my god...you're her! Wanda Maximoff!"

Wanda chuckled, nodding her head. "I am indeed."

Tommy grunted. "What are we going to do about Billy?! We can't let him stay there."

Wanda nodded, eyeing her team. "First things first, we even the playing field." She pointed her finger at the Avengers as they did battle, lifting the entire team in a haze of red. Her eyes glowed as she whispered a spell. "Be free."

As soon as she said the spell she cried out in pain, grabbing her head and falling to her knees. Tommy was by her side in an instant, holding his mother. "Mom! Mom, what's wrong?"

Wanda shook her head, tears in her eyes as she grit her teeth. "Nothing, I am fine."

"You are obviously in pa-"

"Tommy, I am okay." Wanda reassured him, stumbling to her feet. "A small headache is worth the price of my teammate's freedom."

And sure enough, the Avengers were all stumbling to their feet holding their heads looking very lost. Wanda grinned, walking over to meet them. Natasha noticed the sorceress and smiled weakly. "I guess we failed the mission, huh?"

"Just a little bit." Wanda shrugged, gesturing to the rest of the battle field. "Now, the Justice League and their team of proteges need our help, think you guys can handle that?"

"Of course, Maximoff." Iron Man scoffed, revving up his repulsers. "Leave it to us."

The Avengers charged the parademons with the Justice League not far behind. They dove into battle, decimating the parademons with the sheer amount of heroes.

Wanda grinned, turning to look back at Tommy and Zatanna. "Now, we should go retrieve Billy."

"Uh, we may not have to." Zatanna pointed up at the sky and the other two eyes followed her gaze.

"Shit." Tommy muttered, watching as Billy floated down to the battlefield with Darkseid at his side. "Shit shit shit, what do we do now?"

"Now, we fight Darkseid to get your brother back." Wanda sighed, calling upon her energy.

"Mom, you are in no condition to challenge Darkseid. Let us do it." Tommy called out to the rest of the team via mind link, telling them to rendezvous with him. They arrived a minute later. "Listen up, we need to save my brother."

"How do you propose we do that?" Dick asked, eyeing Billy carefully.

"We get him to realize who he is and that he is stronger than Darkseid." Tommy cracked his knuckles. "First things first, we need someone to take Darkseid out. Billy is under his control."

"Who is strong enough to do that?"

All eyes turned to Superman and Thor, grins breaking out on their faces. "I'll go let them in on the plan, be right back." Wally sped off, returning a moment later. "They're in."

"Good. While they distract him we get to deal with Billy."

Everyone watched gleefully as Thor and Superman charged Darkseid, tackling the Apokoliptic force with their combined effort. They snapped out of their joyful daze when a bolt of bright blue lightning hit right next to them, making some of them scream in shock.

They all looked up to see Billy floating over to them, a blank look on his face as his hands glowed once more with energy. He pulled them back and fired a blast of pure energy, Zatanna throwing up a shield just in time.

"Billy! Billy, listen to me! Its me! Tommy, your brother, your twin! Come back to us." Tommy cried out desperately.

"Billy this isn't you." M'gann called out, trying to reach him telepathically but finding her pathway blocked. "Come on, you know it to be true."

Billy never wavered, still firing bolt after bolt of energy and lightning at the team and Tommy.

We need to incapacitate him.

How? We can't even get close to him with out him throwing some magic at us!

And I can't reach him telepathically, so there's that.

We are stuck at a stand still.

Tommy, Wally, why don't one of you speed by him and knock him out quickly?

Won't he sense us?

Only one way to find out.

Tommy took a deep breath before dashing at his brother, getting within a foot before Billy muttered his first word since landing on the battle field. "Freeze."

The whole battle field fell still, everything and everyone pausing mid fight and mid strike as soon as the word was uttered, both sides equally affected. The team watched in a mix of horror and curiosity as Billy turned to and walked up to Tommy, placing a hand on either side of his head.

Darkseid seemed to be the only one unaffected by Billy's magic, approaching the boy from behind and placing a hand on is shoulder. He leaned down to whisper two words into his ear, just loud enough for the team to hear and for their hearts to stop.

"Kill him."