n i n e

I hadn't been able to take my mind off Haydn since Friday and it was Monday. The entire time I kept replaying our night together over and over again and I knew I had to somehow make a move, but my plans were delayed by my friends and the bad news they brought with them.

"Oh my god, Cristina! Why didn't you tell us Wesley and some college guy were fighting over you at the party?" Blanca exclaimed as she and Logan cornered me at my locker.

Well, there goes that happy smile.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?!" I shot back in shock and Logan nodded.

"Yeah, literally everyone's talking about it." She added and I groaned, leaning against my locker. "You were hooking up with a college guy on the sofa when Wesley came over and started to fight him cause he wants you back."

"That didn't even happen," I mumbled as massaged my temples. "I was just sitting on the couch when Wesley came over and tried to get me to leave with him- he was so drunk that when I moved away from him, he fell into some guy's lap. I left after that since all my friends decided to leave without much warning." I pointed out calling and watched them sheepishly look at one another.

"Yeah, sorry about that Cris- we didn't mean to leave you there." Logan apologized and Blanca mumbled an apology as well. "Besides, don't even worry about it- I'm pretty sure everyone will have forgotten all about it by lunch." She reassured me with a smile, and I believed her, I mean high school gossip didn't last long, did it?

"It's okay guys," I said and I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face. "I actually ended up having a pretty good night." I shrugged just before the bell rang and I could see that they were dying to ask me questions, but we had no choice but to split up and head to our respective classes.

I moved from class to class in a daze as I tried to stay focused on making it to lunch, partly because I was hungry but mostly because so I could be with my friends, with them my anxiety didn't make my heart want to claw its way out of my chest or get so worked up I start seeing black dots in my vision.

You see, Logan was a liar- they didn't forget about the rumor by lunch, they just made it worse. Everyone stared and whispered as I walked down the hall and entered my classrooms (well that's what it felt like), and to make matters worse when I was in the bathroom I heard the rumor had gone from two boys fighting over me to Wesley catching me having sex with the guy and then knocking him out.

"You look terrible," Roxanne commented as I sat down at our lunch table, everyone's eyes on me since I stepped foot in the cafeteria.

"Thanks," I muttered sarcastically before I lay down on my arms defeated.

"Bad day huh?" She sighed and not even the sympathy in her voice made me feel better.

"Understatement of the year," I mumbled as I heard Logan and Blanca sit down. "Half the school thinks Wesley and I are back together while the other half thinks I'm a slut for sleeping with a guy I met at a party." I ranted, I hated slut-shaming regardless at who it was directed at but especially when it was me.

"I'm sorry honey." Roxanne cooed as Blanca rubbed my back soothingly.

I didn't want to tell them that the main reason why I was so upset was because I was worried that Haydn believed any of these lies. I didn't want her to think I was with someone else before I went out with her.

My phone chimed, taking my attention away from my friends stares as I looked at the message and my heart stopped.

unknown number: hey cristina it's haydn, i got your number from landen in english. i just wanted to know if you'd be up for a tutoring session today.