Chapter One - First Blood

Months after killing Emperor Yagi, Tomura Shigaraki had taken control of Rome. The Senate had named him Emperor of Rome. In front of the palace, a crowd of people clamored around the palace. Emperor Shigaraki exited the palace and the crowd cheered.

Shigaraki: CITIZENS OF ROME! HEAR ME! I HEAR YOUR CRIES FOR JUSTICE! I HEAR YOUR CRIES FOR REVENGE! AS WE SPEAK, THE CONSPIRATORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MURDER OF OUR BELOVED EMPEROR STILL ROAM FREE!

The crowd cheered in rage. Shigaraki used their rage to fuel his speech. 

Shigaraki: BUT DO NOT FEAR! I, TOMURA SHIGARAKI, GREAT CAESAR OF ROME SHALL SEE TO IT THAT THESE BEASTS, THESE MONSTERS SHALL FACE JUSTICE FOR THEIR CRIMES! THEY WILL NOT ESCAPE ROMAN JUSTICE! THEY SHALL DINE IN HELL! THEIR FLESH WILL MEET ROMAN STEEL GUIDED BY ROMAN RAGE! 

As Shigaraki finished his speech, the crowd loudly cheered for Shigaraki. Shigaraki relished in their adulation. After that, he entered the palace where his brother Centurion Mirio Togata was waiting for him.

Shigaraki: Brother. What news from the front?

Mirio: The Thracian has garnered support from the Slave population. They see him as a symbol of freedom. Some even hold him to the same level of respect as our late father.

Shigaraki: Bah! They know nothing! Crack the whip and they'll fall in line! Maybe when they see that fucking Thracian paraded through the streets and crucified will they realized their ignorance.

Mirio was silent. He knew that Midoriya was not to be underestimated. But he was unaware of the truth. He didn't know that it was Shigaraki was responsible for the murder of Emperor Yagi. 

Shigaraki: Is the Thirteenth Legion ready?

Mirio: They are scouting all of Rome as we speak. 

Shigaraki: Good. I want those Gladiators found and executed at once! They dare to defy Rome. Now they will know the consequences of such treachery!

As Shigaraki renewed his efforts to hunt down and kill Midoriya and the former Gladiators of Ludus 1-A, a slave cart was being escorted by a small Roman detachment is on route to the former Yaoyorozu Villa. 

Roman Legate: How much longer?! 

Roman Soldier: Not too long! Just a few more hours!

Roman Legate: We need to speed it up! Not only does Monoma want those slaves, but we're exposed out here!

Inside the cart, the slaves inside yearned for freedom. As the convoy rides, they stop. In front of the convoy was a cut down tree blocking the road. 

Roman Legate: Somebody get that tree out of the way! And do it quickly!

As some Roman soldiers grabbed some axes to chop up the tree, Midoriya and Bakugo jumped from behind the tree and attacked the Romans with their swords.

Roman Legate: AMBUSH! AMBUSH! ARM YOURSELVES FOR BATTLE!

Bakugo began cutting through the Romans with a smile on their face.

Bakugo: IS THAT THE FUCKING BEST YOU GOT?! COME AT ME YOU FUCKING COWARDS! THROW YOURSELVES AGAINST THE RAGE OF SPARTA! 

Midoriya: Having fun Kacchan?

Bakugo: This shit ain't nothing Deku! 

As Midoriya and Bakugo fought off the Roman soldiers, Kaminari and Jiro slowly crept to the slave cart. 

Male Slave: Wh...who are you?

Kaminari: Your ticket to freedom!

Jiro: Can you fight?

Male Slave: Give us weapons and will will slaughter our oppressors!  

Kaminari and Jiro then armed the slaves with swords and began attacking the Romans. They were caught off guard as the slaves began killing the Romans. 

Roman Legate: RALLY TO ME! TO ME!

Midoriya then charged at the Roman Legate and attacked him. The two then engaged in an intense sword fight.

Roman Legate: Fucking Thracian! I'll deliver your head to the Emperor! 

As the Legate attempted to kill Midoriya, the Thracian dodged the attack and retaliates by running his sword through the Legate's chest, killing him. After all the Romans were killed, the slaves cheered.

Kaminari: Looks like we got new recruits!

Jiro: That will be up to them. 

Midoriya approached the blue haired male slave.

Male Slave: Thank you kind sir! Thank you!

Midoriya: It is no problem friend. What is your name?

Male Slave: Iida. Tenya Iida. 

Midoriya: You are among friends Iida. You are slaves no more. You stand in the presence of free men. You are all free. 

Iida: T...thank you! Thank you Izuku Midoriya! 

Midoriya took note of Iida's skill in battle. All the slaves were able to hold their own against their Roman captors. 

Midoriya: We fight for freedom. We could use your help in liberating our brothers and sisters in captivity. Will you pledge your sword to our cause? 

Iida and the slaves took a moment to think on his offer. Knowing they had nothing, Iida and the slaves joined Midoriya's army.

Iida: If you would have us, we will gladly fight by your side and if need be, die for you as well!

Midoriya: We would be honored to have you all as comrades. Kacchan! Anything on the Romans?!

Bakugo: Nothing worth taking Deku! All they got are shit weapons! You couldn't cut through fucking cloth with this shit! 

Iida: The Legate had a chest full of gold on his personal chariot. I've seen it myself.

Midoriya then nods to Kaminari and he immediately runs over to the Legate's chariot. He sees a medium sized chest. He looks inside to see it filled with gold coins. 

Kaminari: Looks like we hit the jackpot! Must've been for Monoma!

Bakugo: Like that snake bastard needs it! It's fucking ours now!

Midoriya: Kaminari! Help Bakugo with the chest! Rest of you, back to camp!

As Midoriya and the rest of the rebels made their way back to the camp, the rebels found worthy recruits in Iida and the freed slaves. Now it was time to train and refine their skills for their war against Shigaraki.