Chapter Seven - The Unbreakable Celt

Days have passed since Todoroki's death and news of Monoma's death begin to spread around Rome. When the news arrives to Shigaraki, he becomes enraged. In his throne room, Shigaraki summoned Mirio to discuss the growing threat of Midoriya and the rebels.

Mirio: Midoriya has grown increasingly bold as of late. He has led his rebels into attacking several Roman forts close to Rome itself. 

Shigaraki: So the fool intends an invasion on Rome? This is an unexpected move for the Thracian. It's too aggressive. 

Mirio: It was obvious when they killed Monoma. 

As Shigaraki was reminded of that, rage began building up inside him. But he soon calmed himself down. 

Shigaraki: My spy in their camp informs me that they intend to capture a Roman fort not too far from here. I will have a Legion posted around the forest and ambush them. With luck, we will end this rebellion once and for all. 

In that moment, Shigaraki had set his plot in motion. Mirio was uncertain of Shigaraki's intentions. He had grown weary of Shigaraki's increasingly obsessive behavior in regards to the Thracian. Despite this, Mirio would help his brother end the rebellion to bring peace to Rome. Meanwhile, Midoriya was leading his forces through the forest to attack a Roman fort. 

Kaminari: How far are we from the fort?

Midoriya: Not too far. 

Bakugo: Good! I want to get my hands on some of those Roman bastards! They'll fucking pay for what they did to the Cold Flame of Gaul!

Kirishima: I'm with you, Bakugo! They'll pay for all our fallen brothers and sisters!

Midoriya: If we can take this fort, then we'll have a starting point to Rome itself. And then we can end this war and avenge our fallen brothers and sisters.

The morale soared for Midoriya and his men. Despite the recent losses, Midoriya believed that this war could be one. His mind soon fell on Ochaco. His love for her kept him going in this trying time. As they rode for the camp, Kaminari spoke with Jiro. 

Kaminari: So what's your plan after the war?

Jiro: I don't know Denki. 

Kaminari: What about Britannia? Wouldn't you want to go back home?

Jiro: I do miss my home, but my place is here with Midoriya. With you. 

Kaminari smiled at Jiro's words. It was hard to believe that he was once a man trying to pay off his debts. Now here he was fighting for freedom beside his closest friend and the woman he loved. As they rode, Midoriya sensed something wrong. Before he could react, arrows began raining down on the rebels. 

Midoriya: AMBUSH! AMBUSH! 

As Midoriya cried out, the rebels armed themselves for battle. Some of the rebels were killed in the initial arrow volley. Roman soldiers soon flooded the rebels. 

Jiro: They're everywhere!

Bakugo: KILL THEM! KILL THEM ALL! COME AT ME YOU SPINELESS FUCKING COWARDS! THROW YOURSELVES AGAINST THE RAGE OF SPARTA!

Bakugo began slaughtering Romans with his spear while blocking the attacks with his shield. Midoriya soon rallied his men as the Romans began swarming them. 

Kaminari: We're being overrun! We won't last much longer!

Jiro: Denki's right! We need to fall back!

Midoriya quickly realized that the attack was lost. But a retreat would be next to impossible. The Romans had them completely surrounded. All sides were blocked. As Midoriya tried to think of a plan, Kirishima shouts. 

Kirishima: I'LL HOLD THEM OFF! GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!

Bakugo: LIKE HELL WE ARE YOU CRAZY CELTIC BASTARD!

Kirishima: There's no time! I'll take a few guys and hold them off as long as I can! You have to survive Midoriya! You have to!

In that moment,  Midoriya was faced in a similar situation he experienced with Todoroki. While he didn't want to leave anyone behind. But he was left with no other choice. 

Midoriya: Fall back! Fall back!

Bakugo: We're not leaving Kirishima behind!

Midoriya: We have no choice! If we stay here, we all die! I don't want to leave anyone behind, but this is our only chance!

Kirishima: Don't worry about me, Bakugo! I'll be fine!

Bakugo only felt rage as he was about to leave his friend behind. As Kirishima and a few rebels stayed behind, Midoriya and the others retreated back to their camp. 

Bakugo: TAKE AS MANY OF THOSE FUCKERS AS YOU CAN WITH YOU!

Kirishima smiled at his friend's words as he and the remaining rebels found themselves surrounded by Romans. 

Kirishima: Die gloriously boys! Let's take as many of these bastards with us before we meet our maker! Don't die with a clean sword!

With a loud roar, Kirishima and the rebels began fighting the Romans. One by one, the rebels with Kirishima fell by Roman blades. Kirishima however fought on. 

Roman: Why won't he fucking die?!

Kirishima fought like a wild man. As the Romans inflicted heavy injury on Kirishima, the Celt fought on with a smile on his face.

Kirishima: IS THAT THE BEST YOU LOT CAN DO?! I AM THE UNBREAKABLE CELT! 

Kirishima continued killing Roman after Roman. But the battle soon began to take effect. His thoughts soon fell on his fallen lover Mina. 

Kirishima: (Mina....my love? Are you waiting for me in paradise? Do not fear, my love. I will be there with you soon. We will find each other in paradise. Mina....my love.....)

Kirishima soon found himself to be the last one standing as the Romans began to surround him. He could barely hold his sword. Despite his, he smiled in the face of death.

Kirishima: I'll warn you all....I'm a screamer. 

The Romans soon charged at Kirishima as he lets out a deafening war cry. He defended himself against the relentless Roman attack. Despite his valiant effort, Kirishima was soon overwhelmed by their numbers as they impaled him with their swords. Kirishima then dropped o his knees, bleeding heavily. His body felt cold as he looked to the sky. 

Kirishima: Mina....my love. We will.....meet again. 

As Kirishima spoke his final words, he collapsed to the ground. The Unbreakable Celt was no more. But in his sacrifice, Midoriya and the rebels would live to fight another day. Kirishima would be reunited with his love Mina in paradise.