Chapter Eleven - The Final Battle

Days after the birth of Yaoyorozu's child, Iida and a group of Rebel scouts were patrolling the forest. Suddenly, Iida's patrol was ambushed by a squad of Romans.

Iida: Romans!

Iida and his patrol soon fought against the Romans to the best of their abilities. After killing the Romans, Iida soon saw Emperor Shigaraki along with the 13th Legion marching nearby.

Iida: We....we must warn Midoriya!

Iida and the patrol soon made their way back to the camp.

Iida: THE ROMANS ARE COMING! THE ROMANS ARE COMING!

Iida's warnings quickly spread to the entire camp. Fear and uncertainty had gripped the camp. Midoriya along with his lieutenants met with Iida.

Midoriya: Iida! What's going on?!

Iida: We were ambushed by a Roman patrol. We managed to fight them off, but....

Tokoyami: But what?

Iida: A large Roman army is marching towards the camp. I....I think I saw Emperor Shigaraki marching with them.

Upon hearing this, Midoriya quickly realized that Shigaraki was coming here with the intention of slaughtering everyone in the camp.

Midoriya: Then we must act quickly. Bakugo! You and Iida round up the men!

Without hesitation, Bakugo and Iida ran to gather the troops for the battle.

Midoriya: Tokoyami. You and Jiro gather the women and children and get them to safety.

Tokoyami: We're not leaving you!

Jiro: Our place is with you!

Midoriya: No. I need you to lead our people to safety. The rest of us will hold them as long as we can.

Despite not wanting to leave Midoriya and the others behind, Tokoyami and Jiro knew Midoriya was right.

Tokoyami: Go Beyond. Plus Ultra.

Jiro: Go Beyond. Plus Ultra.

Midoriya repeated the words of the Ludus he once fought for. As he and the Rebels prepared to fight, Ochaco ran to him.

Midoriya: Ochaco. It's not safe for you here.

Ochaco: I....I can't leave you!

Midoriya: Please Ochaco. We will meet again, my love. In this life or the next, we will meet again. I promise.

Midoriya and Ochaco shared a passionate kiss.

Ochaco: I love you, Izuku Midoriya.

Midoriya: And I you, Ochaco Uraraka.

With tears in her eyes, Ochaco followed the evacuation. Meanwhile, Midoriya gathered his troops.

Midoriya: MEN! FIGHTING WITH YOU ALL HAS BEEN MY GREATEST HONOR!

Bakugo and the others roared with Midoriya's words as they raised their swords.

Midoriya: THE ROMANS HAVE COME FOR US! DEATH WAITS FOR US! I SAY WE MAKE HIM WAIT A LITTLE LONGER!

The Rebels roared once more as they banged their swords and shields together. Midoriya soon raised his sword and rallied his troops. As they formed a line, Bakugo spoke with Midoriya.

Bakugo: So this is it?

Midoriya: Aye. Let us make our stand with glory.

Bakugo: Die well Thracian.

Midoriya: Die well Spartan.

Shigaraki along with Mirio and the 13th Legion soon approached the camp and saw the Rebels waiting.

Shigaraki: Kill them. Kill them all.

Mirio: ARCHERS!

The archers soon fired a volley of arrows onto the Rebels. They were able to block the arrows with their shields. Mirio soon ordered a charge. The Rebels and the 13th Legion soon clashed. Sword met sword. Shield met shield. Iron met flesh. Iida fought and killed Romans.

Iida: FOR THE HOUSE OF IIDA! FOR MY BROTHER!

Iida began cutting down Romans that came across his path. Iida was soon fatally wounded by an arrow to the throat. Despite this, Iida kept fighting as more arrows struck him. Eventually, Iida fell. His fight was over. As the fight progressed, the 13th Legion kept pushing the Rebels back, while suffering heavy casualties. Despite outnumbering the Rebels three to one, the Rebels were able to inflict heavy casualties. Mirio soon saw Bakugo cutting through Romans with his sword.

Bakugo: IS THAT ALL YOU FUCKING HAVE?! COME ON! GIVE ME A CHALLENGE!

Mirio soon charged at Bakugo and fought him in a swordfight. Mirio's training allowed him to go toe to toe with the raging Spartan.

Bakugo: COME AT ME, YOU FUCKING COWARDS! KILL ME IF YOU CAN! FOR YOU FACE THE RAGE OF SPARTA!

Bakugo gained the upper hand and began to barrage the Centurion with his sword. Mirio saw an opportunity and thrust his sword into Bakugo's chest. Bakugo lets out a roar as he punched Mirio in the face, knocking him to the ground. He pulled out the sword and used it to kill a nearby Roman. He then attempts to kill Mirio, but the Centurion kicked Bakugo in the face and reached for a spear. He then impaled Bakugo in chest, but Bakugo remained unfazed. Despite the heavy wounds he sustained, Bakugo fought on. But Mirio soon dealt the final blow by thrusting another sword into his chest. Bakugo's wounds soon overwhelmed him as he died on the ground surrounded by the bodies of the Romans he killed as well as the Rebels he fought alongside. Meanwhile, Midoriya cut down more Romans as a voice called out to him. 

Shigaraki: IZUKU MIDORIYA!

Midoriya turned his attention to Shigaraki. Shigaraki charged at Midoriya and the two engaged in a sword fight. 

Shigaraki: I've been waiting for this moment for a long time, Thracian!

Midoriya: That makes two of us! Your tyranny ends here, Roman! 

Midoriya and Shigaraki soon clashed blades. As they battled, Mirio led the charge against what remained of the Rebels. He was preoccupied with the offensive to not notice Midoriya and Shigaraki clashing. As the Rebels made their final stand, Midoriya and Shigaraki soon locked blades. 

Midoriya: On this day, I'll avenge my brothers and sisters! Your treachery ends today!

Shigaraki: I won't let a mere fucking slave challenge me! I'll have your head mounted on my wall! 

Midoriya and Shigaraki soon inflicted serious injuries on each other. Eventually, Shigaraki mortally wounded Midoriya by stabbing him in the gut. As Midoriya collapsed to the ground, he began to cough blood as Shigaraki lorded over him. 

Shigaraki: I've about had enough of you. You've been a serious thorn in my side for far too long. All you had to do was simply roll over and die. Instead, you kept on fighting. Why? Even when I murdered the Emperor and framed you for it, you still kept fighting. Why?

Midoriya: Because....because no one else will!

Midoriya used the last of his strength to lunge at Shigaraki and stab him in the stomach, fatally wounding him. Shigaraki pushed Midoriya to the ground and tried walking away. As this happened, the battle was over. The 13th Legion had wiped out the Rebels, but the Legion suffered heavy casualties. Mirio had overhead what Shigaraki said. Shock and horror flooded the Centurion's mind as he won the battle against the Rebels, but at a heavy price.