Chapter Six - The Cold Flame

After escaping the Romans in the Yaoyorozu Villa, Bakugo and the rest of the rebels wait in the forest for Midoriya and Todoroki. 

Bakugo: Where the fuck are they?! We shouldn't have left them! I'm going back! 

Iida: We can't! If we go back, the Romans will slaughter us!

As Bakugo and Iida began to argue about what to do, Midoriya emerged from the forest carrying the wounded Todoroki. 

Bakugo: What the fuck happened in there?!

Midoriya: We don't have time! We have to get Todoroki back to camp!

Midoriya then places Todoroki onto a nearby cart and leads his forces back to the camp. During the journey, Todoroki had lost blood. His wound from Monoma began to effect him. With great haste, Midoriya and the rest of the rebels reached the camp. 

Midoriya: TSU! TODOROKI IS WOUNDED! 

As Midoriya and Bakugo carried Todoroki to the medical tent, Tsuyu immediately rushed inside with medical supplies. 

Tsuyu: What happened?

Bakugo: It was a goddamn ambush! Those Roman bastards knew we were coming! We barely got out of there alive! 

As Tsuyu began working and trying to heal Todoroki, all the rebels in the camp crowded around the tent to try and see what was going on. Upon hearing that Midoriya had returned, Yaoyorozu saw the crowd in the medical tent. 

Yaoyorozu: What's going on? 

Rebel: The Gaul has sustained serious wounds during the raid on the Villa. 

Upon hearing that her lover was injured, Yaoyorozu was overcome with shock. She then moved through the crowd and made her way inside the tent. She was horrified to see her lover covered in bloody bandages and bleeding onto the floor. 

Yaoyorozu: Shoto!

She rushed to Todoroki's side, but was stopped by Bakugo and Midoriya as they didn't want to disturb the healing process. As Todoroki clung on to life, Tsuyu did the best she could to heal his wounds. 

Midoriya: How....how is he?

Tsuyu: I'm sorry Midoriya, but his wounds are far beyond healing. He....he only has moments left to live....

Bakugo: No....no! The Cold Flame Of Gaul will not die at the hands of a fucking Roman! Fight you Half N Half bastard! Fight!

Todoroki: N....no.....I.....I don't know how long I have, but I ask is that my final moments be with the one I love......

Midoriya looked upon the dying Todoroki with tears in his eyes. Not only he was about to lose one of his must trused allies, but one of his closes friends. He walked over to Todoroki and saluted him. 

Midoriya: It has been my greatest honor to fight alongside you. 

Todoroki: Aye. It was my greatest privelage...lead them brother. Lead them to honor...and glory. Go Beyond.....

Mirdoriya: Plus Ultra.

Bakugo: Plus Ultra. 

Rebels: Plus Ultra.

As the entire camp spoke the words, Midoriya quietly led everyone out of the camp to grant Todoroki's final wish. As the two lovers were left alone, Yaoyorozu began to weep. Todoroki then moved his hand to wipe the tears from her face. 

Todoroki: Do not cry my love.....do not shed a tear for me....

Yaoyorozu: Why Shoto....why?

Todoroki: I.....I fought for your honor. To die for it.....was my greates honor.....

Yaoyorozu: I....I....I don't want to lose you Shoto! Please....don't leave me....

Todoroki: I don't want to leave you Momo. I want to raise our child with you. I want to watch our child grow big.....

Todoroki began to cough blood as he slowly began to succumb to his wounds. Yaoyorozu clutched his hands tightly as tears fell on his hand. Yaoyorozu and Todoroki then shared one final kiss. 

Todoroki: Momo.....I.....I love you....with all my heart...

Yaoyorozu: I love you too....Shoto.....

Todoroki: We will meet again my love. In the next life....we will meet again. I will wait for you in the steps of paradise....

Todoroki's life then flashed before his eyes. From the killing of his father to the killing of his brother. From joining the Ludus 1-A to falling in love with Yaoyorozu. He smiled as he held the hand of the woman he loved. He died in her arms shortly there after. The pain of Todoroki's passing was without words. She looked upon her dead lover's face and kissed his forehead. 

Yaoyorozu: Rest.....my love.....

Hours later, Midoriya prepared a funeral pyre for Todoroki. Everyone gathered to mourn the loss of a great warrior and a valued friend. Midoriya then gave his last rites. 

Midoriya: Shoto Todoroki was many things. He was a warrior, a friend, a brother, and a fighter. Shoto was a fighter who fought for noble deeds. He fought for the honor of his love. He fought for the freedom of his comrades. He was more than just the Cold Flame of Gaul. He was a man of honor and integrity. There will never be another man like him. He fought for what was precious to him. Let us all honor his memory by continuing the fight he died for. Let us find comfort in knowing that he is at rest. 

As Midoriya gave the last rites, the crowd was silent. Iida and most of the rebels were heartbroken at the loss of a dear leader. Midoriya and the former Gladiators of Ludus 1-A were heartbroken at the loss of a brother. But Yaoyorozu was the most heartbroken because of how much he meant to her. The child that grew in her belly would never know it's father. Midoriya then lit up a torch and walked over to the funeral pyre. As he looked upon Todoroki's body, he offered his final words. 

Midoriya: Find peace, my brother. 

Midoriya then placed the torch on the pyre and lit it. The fire soon spread as Todoroki's body was consumed in flames. Midoriya and everyone took a moment of silence to mourn the loss of Todoroki. But the silence was broken by the former Gladiators. 

Kirishima: Go Beyond, Plus Ultra.

Tokoyami: Go Beyond. Plus Ultra. 

Kaminari: Go Beyond. Plus Ultra. 

Jiro: Go Beyond. Plus Ultra. 

Bakugo: Go Beyond. Plus Ultra.

Midoriya: Go Beyond. Plus. Ultra. 

Soon, every rebel in the crowd began chanting the words of the Ludus 1-A in honor of the fallen Todoroki. The fight for freedom soon reached the point of no return as the Cold Flame of Gaul had been snuffed out.