OC #1: Velasco Alvór-Vílla

"Let me be your shield, don't fear leaving me when I'm no longer useful, I know my place."

Name:
Velasco Emmanuel Alvór-Vílla

Nicknames:
Vasco
Manny
Manuel

Alias:
The Guardian

Age:
36+

Sex:
Male

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Appearance:

Height:

5'11"

Eye Color:
Brown

Hair Color:
Dark Brown

Hair Style:
Curly hair worn short and wild
Neatly trimmed beard

Skin Color:
Natural Dark Tan

Facial Type:
Square

Weight:
176 lbs.

Scars:
Small faded scars on his hands
Large fresh scar to the right of his lip
Broken nose

Blemishes:
Weather damaged skin

Body Type:
Average

Attraction:
Average

Species:
Human 85%
Unknown 15%

Ethnicity:
Hispanic/Latino

Nationality:
American

Religion:
Roman Catholic

Personality:
Velasco is lighthearted, optimistic, kind, and paternal. He is apt to offer comfort and support, acting like a big brother or father figure when he can. He is loyal to a fault and generally honest, he shows great integrity and is likely to break laws if he feels the need.

He has a history of mental illness, though most of it is cared for he still struggles with insomnia which has begun to be an issue with his family.

Birthday:
August 17, XXXX

History:
Velasco was born under precarious circumstances and was his father's eldest son. His father would suffer a debilitating accident when Velasco was younger resulting in his father drunkenly philandering about resulting in the precarious conception of his younger brothers named Álvaro and Sancho.

Velasco would care for his younger brother's primarily on his lonesome as his father fell further into addiction. His father would enter a comatose state and this landed the three into the care of Velasco's aunt named Lucia and her husband. She would raise the three until the father had awoken from his two year coma. She would maintain a watchful eye over her nephews until she passed away in a car accident.

Their father was generally disabled, an amnesiac, though far kinder than he was. Velasco would essentially take full responsibilities over his younger siblings. Velasco would likewise begin to write for the school paper, this being his only extracurricular.

He would go to College, then University, and work as a columnist and investigative reporter for the New York Times, Washington Journal, and eventually became a Political Commentator and Free Lance Reporter as well as Writer. He would venture around the world, getting arrested in Iran and held there for months. Similar circumstances would occur throughout the years.

His father would die and this resulted in Velasco taking custody over his younger two brothers. It was around this time that Velasco would go through with his religious vows and swear himself off to the religious life, Álvaro would take a similar path, Sancho did as well.

Velasco would eventually publish a few large works of fiction and commentary on politics. He still looks after his youngest brother as he is a minor.

Velasco ended up adopting his younger brother Gonzalo Lope after a three year custody battle. He has taken to raising the boy to the best of his abilities and furthermore developed anxiety and insomnia as he struggles to pull his equally mentally scarred siblings from the rubble, he stands strong and only tells his issues to the priest at confession.

Velasco would undergo a serious relationship with Phoebe, a sweet and innocent young woman that would win him over. Afterwards, they exchanged affections and after two long years hastily became engaged. All seemed perfect and the healthy relationship became for him a major coping mechanism with his mental health issues. She would take a trip abroad and due to her aloofness neglected Velasco. After a painful year for Velasco she would break up with him, revealing she lost interest in him and would pursue different relations. He longed presumed infidelity afterwards.

Heart broken and unable to cope with his scars surfacing he threw himself headlong into work and caring for his siblings, engaging in a self-destructive and tiring habit of focusing on everyone else than himself. These habits combined with his worsening mental health caused him to have a small breakdown that manifested in an anxiety attack. Álvaro found him afterwards curled up on the floor in tears, in a near catatonic state.

Álvaro would convince Velasco to relax and get medicated, dropping his work to rest. He would take a hiatus from work and would hire a maid named Claire who became amiable with Álvaro. This culminated in the two becoming lovers and marrying years later. Sancho himself launched his acting career and after a few movies would attain international stardom and fame, as well as hundreds of award nominations for portraying Velasco in his pseudo-biographic novel's film adaptation. Sancho would become a father to three children afterwards. Lope remained at home, but became much more independent.

Velasco would face another crisis with his siblings moving on and out. With them being his only remaining constant and general purpose he faced a internal crisis of purpose. Adora, his new maid would help him cope, this blossoming into a new love.

Married and with an eagerness to start a family of his own the man is experiencing a happy ending, despite the emerging complications of old ties and familial bonds. 

Employment:
Free Lance Reporter/Writer
Professional Writer
Private Investigator
Lecturer on Journalism

Marital Status:
Married

Family:
Father: Lorenzo Alvór-Vílla (Deceased)
Mother: Unknown
Half-Brother: Álvaro Alvór-Vílla
Half-Brother: Sancho Alvór-Vílla
Half-Brother: Gonzalo Alvór-Vílla
Nephew: Lorenzo Velasco Alvór-Vílla III
Nephew: Federico Alvór-Vílla III
Niece: María L. Alvór-Vílla II

Relations:
Katerina - Acquaintance
Phoebe - Ex-Fiancée
Claire - Sister-In-Law
Che - Co-Worker & Friend
Adora - Wife

Other:
Velasco is a Moderate Catholic.
Velasco is a New York Times Bestselling author.
Velasco has been imprisoned by foreign governments fifteen times.