Year Three: Event I

It was the upcoming birthday of Velasco, the eldest brother of the Alvor-Villa family. His younger three brothers, all grateful and happy to have had their oldest brother take care of them and raise them for so many years decided to plan him a surprise party and use the guise of their traditional get together on his birthday to keep him aloof of the whole plan, which was a difficult thing to do with Velasco as he was the second most knowledgeable person in the whole city, only being beaten by the city's secret king, Napoleon Vargas. Nonetheless with great effort they managed to pull it off, renting the venue off of a local high end restaurant. With they said they invited a plethora of friends, you included. Of such people were the father son duo, Che and Natanael, legitimate celebrities such as Cosimo and Manolo, among others. 

With that said and with Velasco now in the restaurant surprised to see so many people there with him on his birthday he was bewildered to be sitting alone. He expected his three younger brothers to be sitting with him at the table. That was when in the center of the venue of the restaurant right in front of Velasco the three brothers streamed in with instruments. 

Álvaro with a guitar and microphone, Sancho with drums, and Lope with a bass. Che likewise was there with a keyboard and a few background instruments he would switch off and to. It was then that the extremely shy and oftentimes soft spoken Álvaro took a hold of the microphone and with all his courage spoke. "Este cancion-- Wait, y'all don't all speak Spanish..." He blinked and flushed nervously, evidently losing the little courage he had at this time, but he mustered his heart and spoke once more, his Texican accent stronger than ever, the drawl as clear as a Oklahoma country singer. "This son is dedicated to our older brother, the man that taught us everything we knew, who raised us and literally killed himself to bring us up right." He spoke, doing so with great passion and strength to his voice. "Velasco, te quiero mucho hermano, happy thirtieth." He then stepped back a bit and the brothers began to play, Álvaro on the vocals with a majestic voice: 

(Note translations are not official from the Spanish and I'm doing the best I can with my own knowledge.)

"The little cucu clock rang out
Papa kissed my forehead

He told me good night, my little boy
And he turned off the lights

Hey, cucu , papa he left
Turn on the lights
Because I'm scared

Hey, cucu, papa he left
Turn on the lights

And shut off time
This song of love

Was for my papa

He escaped to the win
He left us alone
This song of love
Was for my mother
Who took on everything

Who hurt down to the bone

It's for that that mama

Cried in silence
Cried in the nights
And took on everything
For the mornings
Hey, cucu, papa he left
Turn on the lights
Because I'm scared

Hey, cucu, papa he left
Turn on the lights
And shut off time
This song of love
Was for my siblings
For we grew up together
We miss those years
This shout of love,

We gave to heaven

I asked so many questions
So many, so many

None were ever answered,

Hey, cucu, papa he left

Turn on the lights
Because I'm scared

Hey, cucu, papa he left

Turn on the lights

And shut off time
Hey, cucu, papa he left

Turn on the lights

Like what I missed

Hey, cucu, papa he left

Turn on the lights..."

By the time the song had ended all four brothers were tearing up, simply from a large overflow of emotion and soon afterwards a tearful embraced was had by all four. The reality was that the brothers had no father, no mother, only one another as the source of family, as such it was acknowledged how much Velasco suffered to keep them together and raise them with all he could give. You of course knew this through one of the many sources, either the brothers directly, or a friend of the brothers who was your mutual friend. Either way after a long embraced and Velasco kissing his brothers upon the forehead in a way a father would they all sat down, and depending on your connections to the guests you either were at the table with the brothers or whomever invited you. 

As such the meals were eaten, the cake was brought out, which was tres leches meaning anyone that was vegan or lactose intolerant could not eat it. Still after the cake and Álvaro singing the mananitas the brothers all parted to mingle and talk to their respective guests and likewise you. 

Velasco was at the table, he had a massive smile on his face, his eyes still puffy from the tears, and a plate of cake before him, of which he occasionally took bites from.

Álvaro was playing guitar in the corner, of which was simply another song in Spanish, he was never a social creature and as such unless he was with a close friend or his brother he simply kept to himself. 

Sancho was flirting with waitresses two and fro. Unlike Álvaro and Velasco who both had close and dearly held beloved, Sancho had the difficulty of forming genuine relationships with people, as such he tried to fill the emptiness in his heart with women and sex, that didn't help much though, as such he was following his brother down the religious road, while still struggling with his addictions. 

Lope was keeping company to a few celebrities who came to see Velasco, as the man was a world renown reporter, though after they left he got comfy in a booth and yawned. 

Che was trying to flirt, but being with his son he contented himself to being in a booth playing tick-tac-toe with his son.

Cosimo was enjoying a whisky and cigar outdoors on his lonesome. 

Manolo was keeping company to himself as he sipped on a water and looked out the window. 

All ocs mentioned above are available to rp with, though it is noted that it is recommended to have a pre-existing relationship with them, but that is not a necessity.