10 ~ Party

"Who wants to party?"

AJ throws an arm around me and Peyton as we walk back to the parking lot.

I'm about to say no when Beau clears his throat, " I could use a drink right about now."

"Yes!" The boys cheer and I hold a hand up.

"Who said y'all were going?" I question.

"Let them go, Jov." Gentry says, throwing an arm around our little brother. "They deserve a night of fun."

So do I.

"Who's gonna be the other DD?"

The guys all share a look, knowing there's no way in hell they'll stay sober.

"I'll do it." Peyton offers, holding her hands out for the keys.

Damn, she's just having a night full of firsts apparently.

"Then I guess we're doing this." I say, heading towards the truck.

Aspen follows and I wait for Beau to join before I notice he's piling into AJ's car.

I slam the door shut hard enough to rattle the cab.

The drive is silent and I take the time to see how my post is doing before noticing the one Beau tagged me in.

The picture isn't the best one I've ever seen but the caption's cute.

Trapped a good one.

One of the comments surprises me, it's from a girl named Amilia.

Going against my better judgment, I click on her page. It's public, showing me a picture of her and Beau kissing at prom.

"She's so skinny." I mutter, zooming in on her waist.

"Who is that?" He asks, stopping at a stop sign.

"No one."

He snags my phone, taking one look at the picture before locking my phone. "Don't do that to yourself."

"I was just curious."

"Your curiosity is going to have you fixating on that girl for no reason."

"I just wanted to see what his type was." I defend myself.

"Who gives a damn what his type was, if he wants another Barbie he can date Meredith." He snaps, pulling onto the road lined with cars.

"I want to be a Barbie." I mutter, having no difficulty picturing her blonde hair and blue eyes in my mind.

She's so pretty and I'm sure she's nice too.

"Why? Plastic's only good for so long." He asks.

I snort, going for the door.

"Jo, you're you, don't wish it away trying to be someone else." He offers.

"Wouldn't everyone like me better if I was?" I mutter, slamming the door shut behind me.

No one likes this.

The party is in full swing when we enter. Meredith shoves me out of the way to kiss Aspen. Ignoring them, I shove my way through the people. I find Beau holding a beer, talking to AJ.

"Hey." I smile, hugging him.

He just drinks his beer.

"Why didn't you ride with us?"

"I don't like Aspen's truck." He shrugs and I nod my head.

We stand there for a second and as the silence eats away at me, I get an idea.