24 ~ Monday

Monday mornings are once again at the top of my shitlist.

My head hurts. My alarm didn't go off. My mom finished off the coffee before she left for work. My phone charger broke in the middle of the night. My boyfriend is somehow the one who's still offended over diner Friday night.

To sum things up, I'm in a shit mood.

Storming outside, I huff and puff as I slam Aspen's door shut.

"Morning, Sunshine." He sings, holding a cup of coffee out for me.

"Who died?" I ask cautiously, taking in his ear to ear smile. This is bad. Aspen's only this happy when he's gotten laid or when it's baseball season and I know the second option isn't possible. Gross.

"No one." He radiates happiness right now.

Snatching the coffee, I down it in one gulp. My esophagus screams from the hot liquid, but I don't stop. I need caffeine to get through today. "Stop smiling, Aspen, I'm not in the mood."

Tsking, he turns the radio on. He hums along to some old country song for all of thirty seconds before I snap. "Will you turn that shit off. Meredith is just going to make you change it."

Reaching over, I almost have it turned all the way down when he grabs my hand. "I'm not picking Meredith up today."

The tension leaves my shoulders, "We're not?"

"Nope." He turns the radio up. "So kickback, relax and enjoy the music."

Well, then, that I can do with no complaints. Making myself comfortable, I rest my eyes.

In the middle of a lovely dream about chocolate doughnuts, something tickles my face. Groaning, I open my eyes to find Aspen very close. Jumping back, I hit my head on the window. "Dude, what the hell?"

"We're at school." He says nonchalantly.

"What did you do to me?" I demand, fumbling to check my face for any crude markings.

"Nothing." He moves back. "You woke up."

Glaring, I punch his arm before getting out. Asshole.

Walking into school, Peyton waves and I grunt in response. "Good morning, grumpy pants."

"It's a Monday." I sneer. "I'll try to perk up by noon."

"Maybe a smooch from your favorite guy will fix things."

Shoving AJ's face away, I grab my books. "Speaking of favorite guys, has anyone seen Beau?"

"Um, we're not really looking for him." Gentry offers.

"I try to avoid him." Seth says. "He glares at me whenever I look at you for too long."

"Stop being a creep." Garner slaps the back of his head.

"Show some respect." Houston adds.

"I obviously respect Jovie." Seth rubs the back of his now tender head.

"You." I direct my attention to the younger Jones boy. "Why is your brother in such a good mood?"

"I don't know." Houston shrugs. "Dad joked that he was on drugs."

You're useless." I shake his shoulders. "Do I need to fear for my life? What is he planning?"

"Jo, I don't know." He gulps, having the decency to look a little afraid as he silently begs my brothers for help.

"Relax, Jojo, I'm not planning anything." Aspen appears over my shoulder.

Taking in his lying, peaceful smile, I squeal and let go of Houston. "I'm going to class. Be less... this by stats."