14 ~ Unknown

Somedays life just feels right. 

The scent of breakfast being cooked woke up, my stomach growling as I wander downstairs. Please tell me Gentry didn't attempt to cook again, we can't afford to waste food like that. 

My feet stop as I hear a mom's voice. 

"Good morning, good morning
We've danced the whole night through
Good morning, good morning to you"

A smile spreads across my face as I listen, wanting to do nothing more than dance. 

"Morning, Dear." Mom stops, hugging me. 

"Morning, mom." I offer cautiously, "Are you okay?"

"I'm perfect, go get dressed for school." She brushes my hair, "Go get dressed."

Running upstairs, I take my time getting ready. A smile on my face all morning, even when my mascara stabs my eye because Garner barges into my room. We all eat together, listening to Garner tell a story.

Aspen pulls up and doesn't get the opportunity to wake up the entire neighborhood by honking his horn. We're already walking outside.

"What's up with you?" He demands as I buckle up. 

"Nothing." I smile, leaning against the window to watch the world. 

"So weird." He mumbles, driving to school

The ride is pretty peaceful, music plays and I hum along. 

"What the hell is up?" He demands, parking at school. "Don't say nothing because you hate the song you were just singing, and you didn't even try to steal my coffee."

"Nothing's wrong, Aspen." I assure him, grabbing my bag. "Today is just a good day."

"It's a Wednesday."

"I know." I assure him, getting out of the car.

"We have a stats test today." He chases after me. 

"Yes, which I'm positive we'll both ace." I laugh, practically dancing into school. 

My friends are all gathered around our lockers, staring at something I the distance. 

"What's up?" I ask and they all shush me. 

"Be quiet." Garner snaps.

"We're trying to see if Seth strikes out with Maya." Houston explains, and that's when I see our precious friend a blushing mess as he talks to his crush. 

"Awe, that's so cute." I cry and Peyton hits me. 

Getting the picture, I stay silent as they carry on. Eventually she hugs him before walking off and Seth does a full dance in the middle of the hall. 

He runs back to us, the younger boys clapping him on the shoulder. 

"I didn't think you'd pull it off." Gentry admits, nodding in approval. 

"He could use some pointers, but little man did alright." AJ says.

"When's the date?" Peyton asks, 

"Saturday."

"Where you are taking her?" Jay questions, pulling Seth back into focus as he continues to celebrate.

"Oh my God." He freezes. "I have no idea."

"What does she like?" Aspen asks. "Do something you know she'll like."

"I have no idea." He panics, pacing in a small circle, all the joy washing away. 

Oh, no, we are not freaking out.