11 ~ Lips

**read chapter 10~Party first**

"So, what happened between you and Aspen last night?"

I freeze, my lipgloss halfway to my lips. "What do you mean?"

Peyton shrugs, going through my clothes. "I don't know, things just seemed... tense between you two."

I snort, "Pey, things are always tense between us. It's Aspen."

She studies me and I pray she doesn't notice the shaking of my hand as I apply my gloss. I'm about to confess to the accident when she sighs, "I vote the red skirt, black shirt and thigh high boots."

Queasiness settles inside me as I take in the tight shirt, my mind remembering the girl I saw last night. "Isn't there a sweater I could wear instead?"

A nice, loose, figure hiding sweater.

"And miss the opportunity to get his jacket, I think not." She says. "Plus, red is your bold color and I think tonight you should embrace that boldness."

She's right, I decide taking in the clothes. I'm gonna wear that outfit and I'll look fine as hell.

"Who would've thought one date would have you turning into such an expert." I tease, changing.

"I've learned from the best." She grins, typing away on her phone. "Who would've thought I'd be the one helping you."

Definitely not me but things have a funny way of surprising us.

There's a knock at the door an hour later, and I slowly make my way down the stairs.

Opening the door, I blush as Beau's jaw drops. "Wow... you look... wow."

I grin, running my eyes over his button up and jeans. "You look pretty wow yourself."

We smile at each other like a couple of idiots before he pulls an arm from behind his back, revealing a bouquet of roses. "Pretty flowers for a pretty girl."

That's cute.

Taking the flowers, I sniff them once before walking over to hand them to Peyton. My best friend tries to pretend she's interested in her book, but the upside down pages give her away. "Put these in water."

She offers a thumbs up, dramatically turning the page.

What a loser.

Another surprise is awaiting us in the driveway, a truck I've seen at Beau's house parked out front.

"No allergies tonight." He swears, holding my door open for me.

That's the sweetest thing someone could've ever said to me.

*****

We end up making the 25 minute drive to Atlanta. Holding my hand, he guides me to a fancy restaurant called Aria's.

"Beau, this is..." My voice dies out.

Absurd, stupid, too expensive.

He squeezes my hand, "I want this to be the best first date imaginable."

Reaching up, I peck his cheek. "Thank you."

The hostess shows us to our seats, thankfully a lot more polite than at the last restaurant. My eyes drink in every detail, this place is so pretty.

"What else do you have planned for us?" I question, skimming the menu.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." He sends me a lopsided grin that sends my heart fluttering.