18 ~ Kitchen

It's been two weeks since the accident and, in that time, things have slowly gotten back to normal.

Steve is back home, and we spend some afternoons at their house to keep him company since being stuck inside resting is not a fun activity. We learn a lot and it almost always ends with Lena kicking us out so he can actually rest.

What surprises me the most is the fact Aspen and Beau both keep to their promises. There's no more stupid fights or piss contests. I can eat lunch holding my boyfriend's hand with my best friend at the same table. And I can catch rides with my best friend without my boyfriend pouting like a two-year-old.

It's a nice feeling to know I'm no longer a referee.

Sitting on my front porch with Beau's arms around me, I smile. "Fly safely."

"Don't worry about me, Cutie." He chuckles. "I'm more worried about you in a car with Aspen behind the wheel."

"We'll be fine." As long as I don't have the sudden urge to punch Aspen or Gentry or the younger boys. We'll survive at least.

"Please text me whenever you make stops and when you get there." He orders with a kiss and I smirk.

"Someone sounds like they're worrying." I tease.

"I just like to know where you are." He tugs on my hair.

Gentry walks outside, taking a not so subtle look in our direction as he carries his bag to the car. Way to ruin the mood, asshole.

Reaching up on my tip toes, I peck his lips. "We have to go; I'll call you later."

"Bye, Cutie." He wraps me in one last hug before turning to go, almost tripping on my own bag in the process.

Laughing, I go to pick it up when it magically finds its way in the air. "I got it, Jojo."

"Aspen, I can do it." I protest, following after him like a little dog. Adding my bag to the trunk, he closes it.

"Too bad, so sad." He smirks, "If you want shotgun you better run."

Yelping, I force my little legs to the passenger door seconds before Gentry reaches it.

"I want it." He tries to shove me, and I shrug.

"But I got it." No way in hell am I sitting between Houston and Garner, they put their feet on you.

We glare at each other for a solid three minutes before the horn sounds and I use the distraction to jump in.

"Finally, I'd like to beat traffic." Aspen grumbles, pulling onto the road.

*****

I wish I could say we beat Atlanta traffic, but we don't. So after a 3 hour car ride became a four hour ride with no sign of our destination, a car full of teenagers got pissy.

"Houston, I swear to God," Gentry starts. "if your feet touch me again, I will make it so you never have kids."

"You'd be doing the world a favor." I offer, texting Peyton about where her mystery Thanksgiving trip is. I know she's warming up to her mom's girlfriend, but damn. I want someone to take me on pretty vacations.

"Hey!" Aspen says. "The world deserves as many Jones offspring as we can provide."

The disgust is unhidable. "No, it doesn't."

"I'll have you know that we are fine men." Houston pipes up.

"Shut up, we're better." Garner says, leaning over our brother to get in Houston's face.