Chapter 7

Eventually we all unfused and lapis made a huge air bubble and I was chained down with water cuffs. "Are the cuffs really necessary?" I asked. "Yes, you might try to escape" lapis said closing her book. When I didn't say anything she went to continue reading "great, you made me lose my spot" she said. " you're the one that closed the book" I rolled my eyes. She said nothing but I knew she was angry. "Hey jasper?" I asked. "What" "When are we going to do something it's kinda boring down here" I said.

"We first have to see their next move" jasper said. What is this maniac talking about, "huh" I asked "It's like a game of chess, we don't know what we're going to do until they make their play" she said. I just sat there thinking and didn't say anything. A game of chess? How does this relate to a board game in any way? These guys are actual psycho's. "But this is boring just sitting down here" I said. "Well that's how it works" she said

Stevens pov
Once we got up to the top of the water everyone started cheering but I think they all forgot that we left y/n.. we got to land and saw the ship blow up under water and I gasped. "What's wrong Steven?" Connie asked. "Do you guys not realize y/n was still in there?!" I got out in deep breaths trying not to cry. "Oh" Connie shrugged. "Are you kidding me?! She's the only reason you're alive right now!!" I yelled. "She risked her life for you Connie. You do understand that don't you? You're so selfish" I yelled. The other crystal gems looked at me like I was the devil or something. "Did you guys even care about her though?" She asked.

"Connie, go home" garnet said sternly. "Bu-" she got cut off "GO HOME!" Garnet raised her voice. "Ugh" Connie groaned and kicked the sand as stomped away. "I don't want you hanging around her anymore" pearl said. "No problem" I rolled my eyes. "Do you think she's actually gone.." amethyst said quietly. "Well she is only half gem so I don't think she can just poof.." pearl trailed off. Everyone walked home in complete silence after that, I went to my room and curled up in my bed crying my eyes out trying not to make noise.

Eventually I got tired and fell asleep still thinking of her. Even dreamt of her..

"Steven!" Y/n giggled and ran to me. "Why would you think I'm dead?" She reaches for me and when our hands touched I woke up in tears. I went to the kitchen and no one was in there. Amythest came out of her room and went to the fridge. She grabbed her plate full of random food and turned around to see me. "Oh! Steven.." she said tears on her cheeks and she's all red. "Are you okay?" I asked "yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" She asked and rubbed her eyes. I gave her that look like 'be serious' "okay fine.. we're all a little shooken up over y/n but the other gems don't want to show their emotions to you they said they're trying to be strong for you" she blurt out. "Oh um" I said awkwardly. "Sorry" she turned red and ran to her room hunched over her plate of stuff.

"Why would they try and stay strong for me?" I mutter, they always treat me like a sensitive little boy.. maybe if I show them I can be strong they'd stop babying me.

The next day we were all in the kitchen discussing our next mission and I just sat there poking at my food. "Are you alright Steven?" Pearl asked "yeah of course, there's nothing to be upset about" I said looking at her confidently. "Oh! Uhm okay good!" She said I caught garnet out of the corner of my eye giving me a weird look but I didn't look back at her cause i didn't want to make her feel awkward.

Y/n's POV
It's been about 4 weeks now and we've almost completed our plan to take down the crystal gems. I just can't believe I've been on their side this entire time not even knowing what they have been doing. I do miss Steven though.. I miss him way more than I thought I would. Okay shut up about that there's more important things to be thinking about. I'm extremely excited to take down these people they're just terrible.

"Okay this y/n is going to be the control panel" lapis said showing me the blueprints. "Well no duh" I said. "Well how would I know if you knew that you didn't grow up on the home planet" she said. "That doesn't mean I'm stupid I spent a well amount of time up there to know it was somewhere I never wanted to go back to." I said "take that back" jasper stood up trying to be intimidating.

I was up on the home planet because my parents needed to talk to one of the diamonds I'm not sure which one but we got caught up with some people that weren't very fond of my parents. "Y/n you need to run leave us here we'll be okay" they said falling to the ground. The gem scratched all down my mothers face and she was bleeding out intensely "GO" my dad yelled once one of them came after me I ran to a portal and tried to get out of there as fast as I could. I can't believe I left them there they could die no there's nothing I can do anyway I'm helpless among those gems. I got teleported into my now empty feeling home and I just cried not knowing what to do with myself anymore, I had to go back and help them right? I just need the right equipment. I ran to our weaponry room and grabbed a bunch of stuff I probably didn't need and tried to teleport back.

The portal glowed red and I jumped off confused and it cracked right down the middle. "NO!" I screamed pounding my fist onto it.