Chapter 10

"THAT WAS INCREDIBLE" I fell back onto stevens bed still thinking about the fight last night (we won of course) "Yeah let's just act like you didn't almost die" Steven said pointing to my shoulder. "I did not almost die! You're just dramatic" I laughed. "Yeah whatever" he laughed and looked at me kinda sad looking. "What?" I asked sitting up. "It's nothing" he gave me a small smile. "Stevennn" I whined. "Okay! Just shut up" he said. I pretended to zip my mouth and throw away the key. "The thing is.. When you didn't come up that night the ship wrecked Connie and I got into a huge fight cause she didn't seem to care, I told her never to call me again but now you're here and I'm not sad anymore" he said. I pretended like I was still muted and trying to talk. "You can talk now" he chuckled. "Um call her right now." I said sternly. "Really" he looked shocked "but I thought you didn't like her?" He said in a questioning tone like I had something to hide.

"I don't, I just want you to be happy and if that means you have to be friends with Connie.. be friends with Connie" I said. "But I'm not sure I want to" he said. "What do you mean?" I asked "she's so rude to you for no reason and I don't know if I want to associate myself with someone who is that petty" he said. "You were friends with her first and I just kinda showed up un-announced maybe she's jealous just talk to her about it" I smiled. "Thanks, how do you always have the best advice y/n" he said.
"I don't know I'm just talented" I said sarcastically. "When do I call her?" Steven asked. "Omg. Now! Go go go" I said literally almost pushing him off the loft. "Fine! But pause the show I don't want to miss anything" he said. I clicked pause on the tv remote not because he wanted me to but because I wanted to eeves drop duh.  "Hello Connie?" He said. My heart sank.

Stevens pov
"Steven? I thought you said to never talk to you again I-" "I know I'm sorry I was just so worried about y/n that I didn't even want to think about anything else" I said fiddling with my thumbs. "Then why  aren't you now?" She asked. "Oh um she's back now actually" I smiled but turned away from facing the loft so she didn't see. "Wow! That's great" she chirped.  "Yeah it is.." I said and it stayed quiet for a minute. "Do you wanna hang out later and talk about it then?" I asked. "Donuts. In 3 hours." Is all she said and hung up. I climbed back up to the loft where y/n waited with a smug face.

Y/n's pov
"Whatt" Steven complained. "Oh nothin" I said still with 'that' face. "So we're going to get donuts what about it?" He said. "Sounds like a d-a-t-e to mee" I sang out the date part in a mocking tone. "Oh shut up, you know it's not a date" he laughed. I hit him on the arm "ow what the heck was that for!" He said loudly. "How am I supposed to eaves drop when you in another part of the town!" I looked at him angrily. "I'll tell you all about it when I get back" he said reassuringly. "Jeez you didn't have to hit me" he said rubbing his arm. I shook my head at him and turned the tv back on. "Well what am I supposed to do while you're gone?!" I asked worryingly "I don't know! Hang out with garnet or something she's always fun" he said. "Or.. I don't know.. this is crazy but, maybe just maybe make another friend?" He asked "Steven! You're a genius!" I shouted. "I know I know" he said.

Two hours have passed by and I left stevens house to get a jump start on my operation find a friend. First I went to the beach and saw the fry kid he always seems fun, I saw renaldo and hid my face to make sure he doesn't talk to me. "Y/n!" He hollered. Well that's just wonderful. I slowly walked over to him and he started blabbering about town conspires and I only started listening when he was talking about these big "emerald" chunks around the beach and how disgusting it made everything. "I bet the cRyStAl GeMs did this they are a danger to our town." Then he looked at me and quickly changed the subject to his little brother.

This is the most bored I've ever felt in my entire life. From a distance I could see Steven and Connie walk into the big donut "oh hey! Is that Steven and Conner?" Renaldo asked "it's Connie but yes" I said "don't you hate that Connie girl?" he asked "no! Where do you get all your information from oh my gosh!" I said and walked away from him. I hope he doesn't follow me. I kept walking forward until I was at the funland arcade I walked inside even though I can't imagine this will be any fun alone. I walked up to the counter to get some tokens "sorry were all out of tokens"

"What do you mean you're out of tokens?" I asked "you're the arcade" "cant go you get some out of one of the games?" I asked "sorry we can only get coins out after the arcade is closed" he said. "WHY" I said loudly. He just shrugged and walked away from me. This boy who has soft eyes and a sharp jawline with black hair sort of covering his eyes came over to me "I have a lot of tokens we can play together if you would like" he smiled I didn't know what to do I was in sort of a trance. "uh.." he said "oh! Yeah um sure yeah" I said and went and played a bunch of arcade games together.

We ended up having so much fun that he gave me his number and we're going to hang out next week.