Interception

Y/n POV
Taehyung had been spending time with you more often since that day, with or without Yebin. He would come to the restaurant to pick you up & then go get Yebin from the preschool together. Sometimes, during your day off, he would take you out on dates or just hang out with you at home while Yebin was in school. You began to feel like a real family with him, but neither of you felt the rush to move things further. Today, he was going to come for dinner & you were busy preparing in the kitchen when the doorbell rang.
"Is it him? It's still so early though.." You checked your watch in confusion.
"Yebin ah, can you see who it is at the door?" You yelled at Yebin.
"Nee (yes)!" She shouted in reply from the living room.
After a few seconds, she came running to the kitchen with a worried expression on her face.
"Eomma, there's a harabeoji (grandfather) who wants to talk to you. I don't know him but he said he knew you so I let him in."
"What? Yebin ah, why did you let him in? What if he's a bad person?" You sighed & instantly took off your apron.
"B-but he knew about appa too, so I thought.."
Your heart stopped, could it be..?
You slowly walked out of the kitchen to the living room & gasped when you saw the person who was sitting on the sofa.
"Hi Y/n, long time no see."

Taehyung POV
He was in such a good mood today, thinking about the dinner that he was going to have later with you & Yebin. Without realizing, he was whistling all the way from the elevator to his office.
"Sajangnim, you look so cheerful today." His secretary said as she greeted him.
"I am. What's next on my schedule?" He asked as he checked his watch.
2:20 pm. I'm gonna cancel my next appointment if it's not that important.
"You have a contract signing meeting with Min sajangnim at 3pm."
Shit, I can't cancel that.
"And.. your father is waiting for you inside." She added.
Abeonim?
"Did he say why he wanted to see me?" He asked & his secretary only shook her head in reply.
He sucked in a deep breath & walked into his office.
"Abeonim, what brought you here?"
"What's with that tone? Can't I come to see my son?" His father looked up from the magazine he was reading & said.
"You've never come to see me without any particular reason." Taehyung replied coldly.
"Well.. That's true. Alright, I'll cut to the chase then. Can you please explain to me what is this?" He threw the magazine on the table & right in the middle of the page was a picture of Taehyung, you & Yebin.
Fuck.
"Are you back together with Y/n? Is that girl your child?" His father asked in a flat tone.
"We're trying to start again & yes, that's my daughter." Taehyung said without looking at his father.
"Are you sure she's yours?"
"Abeonim! Of course I'm sure! Y/n is not that kind of woman." Taehyung's eyes shot up at his father as he exclaimed angrily.
"So she didn't ask you to pay for her rent & her daughter's tuition? You did all that on your own initiative? Doesn't she have a boyfriend? Kim Seokjin?"
"What- Are you investigating us? You were the one who forced me to marry her back then! You said that she would make a good wife for me. Why are you doubting her now?"
"Because you, my stupid son, had hurt her so bad & you can never trust a woman with a broken heart. All they want is revenge. Don't you remember your mother? She left & took half of my money after she found out that I cheated on her. I still can't believe-" Taehyung's dad said through gritted teeth.
"Wait. What? You cheated on mom? That was why she left? B-but you told me she left us because she cheated on you. I've been hating her all my life because of that!" Taehyung yelled in disbelief.
His father was silent for a few seconds, realizing that he'd just uncovered his own lies.
"That's just technicality. The point is she left us & took my money for revenge. So you shouldn't trust Y/n that easily. Get a DNA test right away to confirm she's your child. If she is indeed yours, we'll fight for her custody. She has our blood after all."
"What? No! I would never do that to her!"
"If you don't want to do it, I'll do it for you then. And don't you dare to disobey me this time or I'll really write you off my will." His father threatened before rising from his seat to leave.
"Abeonim-" Taehyung tried to stop his father but his secretary suddenly came in & blocked his way.
"Sajangnim, Min sajangnim is here already. He's waiting for you in the meeting room."
"Fuck." Taehyung cursed under his breath & frustratedly pushed his hair back.
"Sajangnim?" His secretary looked at him in confusion.
"Tell him that I'll be there in a minute."
Abeonim, please don't ruin what I've built with great effort.

Y/n POV
"Hi Y/n, long time no see." Taehyung's father smiled at her.
"A-Abeonim. Annyeong hasimnikka?" You quickly bowed at him.
"I'm good. How are you? Is that your little girl?" He pointed at Yebin who was hiding behind you.
"I-I'm fine & yes, she is my daughter. Yebin ah, insa hae (say your greetings)."
"Annyeong hasimnikka harabeochi." Yebin obediently bowed at him.
"Good girl. Yebin ah, I need to talk to your mother for a minute, can you go play in your room for now?" He said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.
Yebin stared at you asking for approval & went to her room after you nodded.
"Is there anything I can do for you abeonim?" You asked nervously.
"Actually, yes. But I need to ask you a question first. Is Yebin really my granddaughter?" He looked straight into your eyes with a slight frown in between his brows.
"D-Did Taehyung tell you that?"
"If he told me, it wouldn't take me so long to come & see you. Answer it truthfully, please."
"Yes, she is Taehyung's daughter." You nodded.
"Well, in that case, I need you to do a DNA test for your daughter to verify that she is my granddaughter. If it's proven that she is, we'll raise her."
"W-what? What are you insinuating?"
"Don't play dumb. You know exactly what I mean. I'll give you however much money you want, but you need to completely disappear from Taehyung's & your daughter's life. He needs to get married again & I can't let an ex-wife sabotage his future."
His words were like a bucket of ice water poured over your head. You'd suddenly felt numb all over your body.
"You think I'll give up my daughter for money? I'm sorry I can't do that. I don't need your money, I can raise her perfectly well on my own." You uttered as calmly as possible.
"Oh really? If not for my son, you & your daughter will still be living in a filthy old apartment. She'll still be receiving third-grade education. Yet, you said you didn't need our money? Huh, ridiculous." He scoffed.
"W-what? What do you mean if not for Taehyung?" You asked in bewilderment.
"You really don't know? My foolish son bought your old apartment building & moved you here. From what I saw on papers, the rent you pay each month doesn't even cover the weekly maintenance fee. And your daughter's pre-school? He's been footing all the bills. Are you really that naive to think that you got all this because of pure luck?"
You were so surprised by his revelation that not a single word came out of your mouth.
"Do the test & send me the result. If Yebin is indeed my granddaughter, you can name whatever price you want." He said as he slid his name card on the table towards you.
"Don't even think of running away because I'll find you & then I won't be so nice anymore. I'll be waiting for the result. Have a good day Y/n." He rise from his seat & walked out of your apartment.
Once he was gone, the calm facade that you'd been putting up crumbled & your knees gave out.
"Eomma, what's wrong? Are you ok?" Yebin frantically rushed towards you & worriedly searched your face.
"Yebin ah.. What do we do now?" You pulled her into a tight hug & sobbed uncontrollably onto her hair.