BONUS

Jin POV
She looks so beautiful in white.
I know it's such a cliche, but she really does. The sun ray kisses her face, illuminating her honey skin. She looks like an ethereal elf floating among the trees in this garden.
A sense of longing & regret shoots right through my chest when I see her putting the ring in Taehyung's finger.
That could've been me. The thought involuntarily crosses my mind.
No, Kim Seokjin. You know she had never been & would never be yours even if Taehyung hadn't come back.
I clap along with the other guests, but my heart is actually aching. The wound still feels fresh, although it's been a few months since I broke up with her. I pretend to be strong though, putting a smile on my face, for her sake. For everyone's sake.
3 pm.
Finally, the party is over. I bid my farewell to the happy newlyweds & Yebin, then ride the bus back to the restaurant. It's weekend after all, so it's going to be busy during dinner time. I'd rather drown myself in work than going home & spending the weekend in an empty apartment.
"Oh. Boss, wasseo (you came)? How was the wedding?" My manager, who is also my best friend, Namjoon, asks as soon as I step into the restaurant, which is still closed at this hour.
"Same old same old." I sigh & plop down onto one of the chairs.
"Ya, don't be sad. What's not meant for you will never be yours. Just let her go. Do you need a drink?"
"Yeah, give me a beer please. Thanks." I grab the bottle from his hand & gulp down half of its content right away.
"You came just in time. I've found a new sous-chef to replace Y/n & I need you to interview her." Namjoon says as he sits down across me.
"Just hire her if you think she's good enough." I say disinterestedly.
"Ya, you can't do that. Last time you said that you'd interview all candidates applying to be chefs in our restaurant, remember? Or did you only do that so that you could hire Y/n? Honestly, even if you didn't interfere, I would hire Y/n anw. She was really good. Btw, have you told her that you're actually the owner of this restaurant? Not a waiter that she thinks you are?"
"Alright alright, stop with the bombardment of questions. I'll interview the new sous-chef, dwaesso? Give me her files." I grumpily extend my hand towards him.
"Here you go. She's waiting at the back. I told her to get ready for practical test. Have fun!" Namjoon grins at me & pats my shoulder.
I roll my eyes at him & reluctantly walk to the kitchen. A woman with long hair tied into a bun is standing on her tiptoes, peeking into the kitchen through the small window on the door.
"Ehm.. Jung Hari ssi?" I clear my throat to get her attention.
Obviously startled by my sudden call, she quickly turns on her heels & somehow her legs have gotten entangled with each other.
"Woaahhh!!" She exclaims as she falls forward into a kneeling position right in front of me.
Jeez, she's so clumsy. She won't last a day in my kitchen. What's Namjoon thinking?
I heave a deep sigh & pinch my brows.
"S-sorry. I was- I was just-" She stutters as she stands up & straightens herself up.
She actually looks quite cute with her big round eyes & button nose, but good looks don't make a good chef.
"Let's just get this over with." I push open the door to the kitchen & let her in.
She timidly looks around the kitchen & bumps into the counter.
"Ow! Sorry, I-" Her cheeks blush a deep shade of red.
"Huh.. Alright, let's see what you can do." I sigh.
I thought that she wouldn't be able to do anything right. Apparently, I was completely wrong. She has the best knife skills out of all the chefs I've hired, even better than my head chef. Her cooking skill? Marvelous. Her twist on the old boring aglio e olio blows my mind.
"What do you think?" She anxiously waits for my comment on her dish.
"It's- It's ok." It's much better than ok, but I don't want to sound too impressionable so I lie.
"Oh. Ok." The disappointed look on her face makes me feel slightly guilty.
"You still have a lot of room to improve, but I'm willing to give you a chance. You can start working tomorrow. If you have any other questions, you can ask the manager." I say as I gather up my stuffs.
"Thank you very much Sir!" She excitedly bow at me.
"You're welcome. You may leave after clean up. Have a good evening."
"Wait Sir. May I- May I know your name?" She suddenly calls out.
I turn around & look at the shy expression on her face.
"Kim Seokjin, but you can call me boss since I'm the owner of this restaurant."
With that, I turn back around & exit the kitchen.
"How was it? Is she any good?" Namjoon asks once he sees me walking into the office.
"She's hired. You can tell her the job details."
"She's cute, isn't she? Does your heart flutter when you two spend time alone in the kitchen?" Namjoon elbows me teasingly.
"Ya Kim Namjoon, I'm looking for a chef not a girl friend. Why would my heart flutter?"
"You need to find a girl to help you get over Y/n & I think Hari ssi is a great candidate."
"Whatever. I'm not interested in dating anyone right now." I shrug.
"You sure? Hari ssi seems like a nice girl, if you're not interested, I'll go after her then." Namjoon says.
"Go ahead, as long as it doesn't affect your work, why not?"
She's not my type at all. I won't fall for her anw.
Right?