Chapter Thirty

I can't believe what I just realized. Kung hindi ko pa siguro naka-usap ang best friend ko ay hindi ko mare-realize ang isang bagay...I've fallen for Gen.

Sa tagal na naming magkaibigan, hindi ko naisip na aabot ako sa ganito...na mahuhulog ako sa kanya.

Kinuha ko ang phone ko at nai-dial ang number niya.

"Hello?" she answered after the fifth ring.

I noticed that her voice is hoarse. Pero ipinagpatuloy ko pa rin ang balak ko.

"Gen! It's Friday. Are you free tonight? Let's hang out. I'll fetch you up by eight. Tatawagan ko rin si Mica," sabi ko. I told her I'll call Mica just to make sure she'll come. She didn't answer my calls last night so there's a chance that she'll say no.

"I can't," she said.

I sighed. I thought so.

"Why? Do you have a prior engagement? Can't I just join you? I'll behave, I promise."

Medyo tumawa pa ako pagkasabi noon.

There was a dead silence from the other line. I smiled sadly.

I guess she's really avoiding me.

Is it because of what happened? But we were okay the last time I was in her apartment.

"Masama ang pakiramdam ko. Sorry, Liam," she said after the long silence.

I can't help but smile as I heard her say my name. Kahit na bigla akong nag-alala sa lagay niya ay hindi ko mapigilang mapangiti ng kaunti sa pagbanggit niya sa pangalan ko.

What the hell is happening? She's been calling me by name since we've met! Well, except for those times when he called me 'husband', and I can count those times with my hands.

"Are you okay? I'll go to your office now to fetch you. You need to rest."

"Hindi ako pumasok."

I sighed in relief. At least she's resting.

"That's good. Take a rest. Get well soon," sabi ko.

"Thanks," simpleng sagot niya saka ibinaba ang tawag.

***

Hindi ako mapakali at nag-aalala pa rin kay Gen so I decided to just go to her apartment. Dumaan muna ako sa restaurant at nagpaluto ng sabaw at iba pang makakain para sa kanya.

I bought all kinds of medicine I can get over-the-counter since I don't know what her sickness is. Hindi ko rin naman maatim na tawagan pa siya ulit para lang itanong.

Nakarami rin ako ng katok bago ko narinig ang pagbukas ng lock ng pinto at pagbukas nun. Mabilis na inalalayan ko siya nang makita siya. Balot na balot pa siya ng kumot habang halata sa hitsura niya na hirap siya.

Binaba ko muna ang mga dala ko at binuhat siya pabalik sa kwarto at inihiga sa kama.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded slowly but I can see that she's not.

Sinipat ko ang noo niya at sobrang init niya.

"Did you take your medicine?" tanong ko.

Umiling siya bilang sagot.

Of course, she didn't! She can't even stand up properly.

I sighed. "Eat first. I brought you food," sabi ko.

Lumabas ako para ihanda ang pagkaing dala ko. Nagbitbit din ako ng upuan para may pagpatungan ng pagkain.

"What happened?" I asked while wiping the sweat from her forehead.

She just shrugged and looked at the food I brought her.

Tinulungan ko siyang bumangon para makaupo siya at makakain. Since she can barely move, I fed her the soup and some fruits. Good thing is, she's forcing herself to eat even though I can see her struggling in swallowing the food.

Halos maubos niya na ang laman ng bowl nang umayaw siya.

I gave her the flu medicine and helped her lay down again.

"Change your clothes first." I noticed she's drenched in sweat while helping her lie down.

I opened her dresser to get her a clean shirt when I noticed a blue shirt. It was the one that I gave her when we first met at the coffee shop. I can't help but smile.

I took the shirt, and a towel.

"Here, change into this." Iniabot ko sa kanya ang mga 'yon saka tumalikod.

I waited for at least a minute while I hear her moving.

"Are you done?"

She answered with a loud sigh, so I turned around and found her still wearing her wet shirt. She wasn't even able to remove it.

Naiiling na lumapit ako sa kanya.

"I'll do it," I said and tried to take the shirt, and towel.

She's holding it so tight that I can't help but laugh. It looks like she's putting all her remaining strength just so I won't change her clothes.

"What's wrong? I've seen you on your bikinis. It's the same," sabi ko.

Hindi pa rin niya binitiwan ang shirt at towel.

"Fine, I'll close my eyes. Don't worry."

I can feel that she's still against me changing her clothes but she's too weak to complain so she'd just let go.

As promised, I closed my eyes shut.

I was so cautious on not touching a bit of her skin while removing her shirt. Pinunasan ko ang likod niya at inabot ang towel sa kanya para siya ang magpunas ng harap. I can't risk wiping it as I might touch something.

Though when I put the shirt on her, I accidentally touched her chest slightly.

So that's why she doesn't want me to change her clothes...

I opened my eyes, expecting to get a deadly stare but she's just looking at me.

I smiled a little, and she smiled back while mouthing 'thank you'. I felt my heart skipped a beat at that smile.

My heart is racing while I'm looking at her. I can't hep but look at her lips and remember how sweet they are. I fought the temptation to kiss her but as soon as I thought of her kissing me back while we were on that gazebo, I couldn't help myself.

"Hmn!"

She pushed me hard, breaking the kiss. I can't help but feel the disappointment.

"Sorr-"

"Baka mahawa ka," she whispered before lying down.

I couldn't help but smile widely and lay down beside her. I wrapped her in my arms and kissed her lips hard.

"I don't care." I kissed her lips again. "As long as I could kiss you," I said and kissed her forehead.

Gen

Nagising ako sa mga bisig ni Liam. Tulad nang mga gabing 'yon na lasing na lasing siya at hinalikan ako, mahigpit na naman ang yakap niya sa akin.

Hindi ko mapigilang mapangiti nang mapait. I don't know what his game is, but I can't be one of his women. I don't think I can bear that feeling I always felt whenever he's with another woman. Not anymore.

Hinaplos ko ang pisngi niya bago isiniksik ang ulo ko sa leeg niya.

This will be the last time. Tama na ang buong gabi kong pag-iyak nang nagdaang araw.

Liam

I woke up with Gen hugging me tightly and burying her face in my neck. I can't help but feel that tingling feeling. It's just like how I always dreamt of her doing.

I looked at her, kissed her lips again before hugging her tightly.

Even her lips taste the same, and her scent...it's all the same as my dream.

Or was it even a dream?