Chapter 3

3. Turning Point

Bonnie stood with Elena and Stefan as they talked about Zandra. She told them what happened yesterday when she touched the new girl and it made all of them curious but they also knew that they had to watch Damon especially since Emily had told them that Alexzandra Saltzman was a new being that was very powerful. Everything was confusing but Bonnie liked Zandra and she knew that the girl probably didn’t know what was going on with her so she decided that she would help the girl.

Elena was on the same page as Bonnie because she felt a kinship to the girl and felt protective of her, like she was with Jeremy. The feeling confused her because she had just met Zandra yesterday but she also had a good feeling that the girl was going to be a good part of her life and Elena wasn’t going to let her get hurt by Damon.

Zandra was walking with her father when she saw Jeremy Gilbert, Elena’s kid brother come up to talk to him and laughed. Ever since giving the boy another chance he had been eager to talk to Alaric at every given point and seeing his daughter laugh at him he rolled his eyes and pushed her head away. The one thing Jeremy her seemed to agree on was the Alaric and Jenna Somers should date but that was a tale for another time. Seeing Elena she left her father and walked over to the girl and Bonnie narrowing her eyes when Stefan left quickly.

“Hey guys,” she greeted.

“Hey Zandra,” Bonnie greeted.

“So what’s with all the signs and posters?” Zandra asked curious.

“It’s career night or whatever. Basically they want us to decide our future,” Elena said rolling her eyes.

“I can barely decide what to wear for the day let alone what to do with my life. I mean I like history so I will probably go into something like that but who knows and expecting us to know is stupid if you ask me,” Zandra laughed rolling her eyes.

“Well our friend Caroline roped us into being there so do you want to come with us?” Elena invited.

“Might as well since my dad has to be there,” Zandra agreed laughing.

It surprised her the closeness she felt to Elena and Bonnie already and she wanted to question it but it was just on the list of things that she didn’t know. First it was the weird dreams, the extra strength and agility, the power, the attraction she felt towards the supernatural like she had to be apart of it as a mediator or something and also the fact she couldn’t be compelled. Zandra figured that one night of normal lacy would be able to help her get it off her mind.

~Zandra Saltzman~

Zandra was watching Elena talk with Stefan Salvatore and narrowed her eyes when Jenna, the girl’s aunt, came up to her. Soon another man followed but there was something about him that warned Zandra. From the feeling she was getting it seemed the man was a vampire and knew that she had to find her father. She walked outside to see the mayor walk past her and two boys disperse.

“Dad we got a problem,” Zandra whispered.

“What is it?” Alaric asked knowing he needed to be on alert.

“We have a certain supernatural problem,” Zandra warned.

Alaric knowing that his daughter had these certain instincts that he couldn’t understand or explain listened as she told him about the man. He nodded his head knowing it needed to be taken care of. Unfortunately the man disappeared so the two of them had to take time to track him and finally found him. Zandra hid in the shadows as her father approached the man.

“Are you Logan Fell?” Alaric asked stepping out.

“What’s it to you?” Logan asked.

“I’m a friend of Jenna’s,” Alaric said and it was true and Zandra had a feeling that soon there would be more between the two adults.

Logan Fell laughed and made threats against her father which pissed Zandra off thank you very much. She snuck out and when he turned to face her she staked him in the heart quick but still satisfying. That was the thing about Zandra, she didn’t think that all supernatural beings were horrible but there needed to be someone to mediate and keep the peace in some way, if that had to be her then so be it. As her father and her left the two Saltzman’s realized that this was what they were looking for, the man that murdered Isobel was here in town. It was time to take care of business.

~Zandra Saltzman~

The Powers That Be smiled as the Warrior grew into her destiny and realized, even if she didn’t know, what her role was. After so much destruction they Powers created The Warrior as a being that would mediate the supernatural world and watch over it as well as guard over human and supernatural life. She was the protector and had all the attributes of a supernatural being without any of the side effects and such. Her having a mate that was an Original wasn’t something that they foresaw but it worked in their favor.

The Powers looked at Esther and snarled. The woman may have been manipulated but her actions caused many things including the possibility of great destruction that was if Alexzandra Saltzman couldn’t stop them because The Powers could only see so far, the rest of it was freewill and up to Alexzandra. Only time would tell how things would turn out.

~Zandra Saltzman~

Elena cried because she didn’t understand. She didn’t know why she looked like Katherine especially since the picture was from the 1860’s. She didn’t know if Stefan was just with her because of her uncanny resemblance or if it was something more twisted than that. She at first didn’t know where she was running too but then she thought of Zandra and needed her unfortunately her car crashed and the next thing she knew was darkness.