↠ stan uris

Rehearsing for my upcoming bar mitzvah was no fun. My parents had been anticipating this for months even before I turned thirteen. They had been telling me to study the many verses written on the Torah that was placed on the table. My eyes intensely gazed upon them for hours before I thought it was enough for today.

I closed the Torah and went back to the altar room. As I walked by, I saw a painting that was hung in an odd way, which got on my nerves. Inside the painting was a distorted portrait of a woman staring through my soul. She had a large forehead, white droopy eyes, thin eyebrows, black lips, and a pointy chin. I went closer to fix the painting before I walked towards the bookshelf ro put the Torah back.

However, when I looked back, it was no longer on the wall. Its frame and its canvas were laying on the adorned rug. I glanced at them in disbelief as the lights went on and off before dimming to darkness. I picked up the empty painting and hung it back to where it was supposed to be. Suspicion and uneasiness began to rise within me, causing my stomach to feel nauseous.

I turned to see a disfigured woman whose face was similar to the one on the painting before. She moved a few steps towards me before revealing her fearsome teeth. Without a gasp, I ran into the office to escape her clutches. From this day on, I would always be disturbed of ever seeing her or even a mere thought about her.