Chapter 4: Back from the dead

Jojo was stunned. She was at a complete loss for words. "Maddie...Ziegler." She finally spoke. "But, I thought I was the last of the Dance Moms cast!"

Maddie laughed. "You were wrong!" she said gleefully.

How can Maddie Ziegler be alive? Jojo thought to herself. She knew the entire cast of Dance Moms was dead. They had all perished in a fire that started at Abby Lee's Christmas party five years ago!

Jojo remembered it like yesterday. She had been in the bathroom when the fire started. The police had later confirmed that it was started by papers left on the oven. She had heard screaming from the hallway, and then felt the heat on her face. She had blacked out.

Jojo woke up in the hospital, and the doctors said she was the only one who made it. That was five years ago. Now she was twenty three.

Apparently Jojo wasn't the only Dance Mom-er left. This would have been good news, if not for Maddie and Jojo's unfortunate falling out.

A few weeks before the Christmas party, the dancing duo had gotten into a huge fight. Jojo didn't even remember what they had been fighting about, but they still hadn't been on speaking terms at the party.

Now the girls stood in the center of Chick-Fil-A, fully grown adults eyeing each other angrily. To put it simply, it was about to go down.