Chapter 7: The chase is on!

The bathroom stal suddenly collapsed all around Jojo. It was a blast from Maddie's laser gun.

Jojo was just able to duck and shift to the side, avoiding getting crushed by the collapsing stal. She waited until the wreckage was safe before trying to get up.

Jojo climbed out of the rubble, an lugged her backpack out of the wreckage. She knew she had to kill time and wait for Abby Lee to get to Chick-Fil-A.

"Over here, Ziegler!" Jojo yelled from atop a pile of rubble.

Maddie turned to face her. "You're supposed to be dead!" She screamed.

Jojo sprinted over towards the counter, which was still standing, with Maddie in hot pursuit. There was no time to try to get around it, so Jojo climed on top of and over the counter.

Just as Jojo was ducking into the drive through worker's cubicle-style work room, Maddie leapt gracefully over the counter, holding her deadly ray gun at her side.

Jojo locked the cubicle door behind her, and hid under the office chair in the center of the room.

"Wow!" She thought to herself. "This is really big for a fast food place!"

Jojo waited until Maddie passed by the room before carefully standing up and walking back into the main dining area of the restaurant. She dashed towards the door, backpack in hand.

Out of nowhere, a blast of the laser went off! Jojo had been spotted! She was able to mostly avoid the blast, but her arm got slightly burned.

Maddie cackled maniacally, walking slowly out from behind the counter. She slow clapped. You know what I mean. "Ah, Jojo. You thought you could escape. How very...incompetent."

Jojo grumbled. Why couldn't Maddie just stop existing? That would make life oh so much easier for the rest of the world and all who inhabit it.