Chapter 3: Green

Finally we're getting to the green. Took me long enough lol.

Zak gasped when he saw Bad's face. His eyes were a vibrant green, the colour of emeralds, the sight was making Zak's knees go weak. His hair was blonde, looked soft, and very fluffed up. It was probably that fluffed up because it had been hidden under that weird hood for so long... It shocked Zak, seeing Bad like this. When they met the night before, Zak just assumed Bad looked like a shadow creature with glowing eyes for real, not like a cute blonde haired boy with beautiful green eyes!

After a while of staring, Bad flipped his hood back up, and so the shadow with glowing white eyes appeared again. Zak instantly missed the green. "Y-You never saw that..." Bad murmered, turning away from Zak. Zak gasped, and quickly grabbed Bad by the sleeve of his hoodie, stopping him dead in his tracks.

Bad turned back to face Zak, and Zak froze, why did he grab Bad's sleeve?! "I like your face," Zak said, instantly regretting what he said when he realized how weird that must have sounded. "With the hood down you uhm... You look more like a person," Zak tried to save himself, to make it less awkward.

"You don't think I'm ugly?" Bad asked, slowly pushing the hood back. Zak could hear genuine surprise and confusion in Bad's voice. Zak's eyes whidened at what Bad just said, how could anyone ever think Bad was ugly?! Bad looked like a fricking angel!

"What do you mean? Why would I ever think you're ugly?" Zak asked, tightening his grip on Bad's sleeve.

Bad sighed, stuffing the hand Zak wasn't holding into his hoodie pocket. "I-I don't want to talk about it..." Bad muttered, avoiding Zak's gaze. Zak frowned, he really wanted to help Bad out with this, no one should think that about themselves, especially if they weren't ugly at all, especially if they looked like a literal angel!

Zak hasitantly put a hand on Bad's shoulder, and looked him in the eyes, trying his best not to have a heart attack from looking into Bad's beautiful green orbs. Was this feeling he was getting when looking at Bad's eyes, or just looking at Bad in general, normal?

"You're not ugly at all, don't think about yourself like that," Zak said, trying not to stutter or trip over his words.

Bad's eyes started to tear up, making Zak wonder if he did something wrong, but when Bad looked at Zak with a smile, Zak realised what was happening. Did Bad really get this emotional when people told him stuff like this?

Bad sniffled and wiped his tears away with his hoodie sleeve. "You're a nice muffin," he said, smiling widely.

Zak chuckled, 'a nice muffin,' he thought, Bad really was adorable.

This whole situation made Zak wonder; what was Bad's real name? The night they met Bad told Zak it was his 'adventurers name,' not his real name... But let's be honest, who would name their kid 'Badboyhalo'?

Zak debated on asking, maybe it was a bit early? He only just saw Bad's real face for the first time, and that wasn't even on purpose! But Zak, being the person he is, decided to ask anyway. "What's your name?" he asked. Bad looked at him in confusion, as if he didn't understand what Zak was trying to ask. "Your real name, I mean. Your name isn't really Badboyhalo, is it?"

Zak saw Bad hasitating, and Zak started regretting asking Bad this. Had he made Bad unconfortable? "Darryl," Bad murmered, looking Zak in the eyes. The vibrant green made Zak's breath hitch. "My name is Darryl," Bad added, nervously kicking the ground.

"Darryl..." Zak repeated, surprised at how easily the name rolled off his tongue. It was almost as if the name was made to be said by Zak. Zak couldn't explain why, but the thought made him feel fuzzy inside.

Darryl flipped his hood back up. "Let's go back home, it's getting late..." He murmered, taking Zak's hand and pulling Zak with him. 

Zak felt his cheeks go warm at the contact, that was strange... When he glanced at their entwined hands, he noticed Darryl had taken one of his gauntles off when he took Zak's hand. Zak smiled, and squeezed Darryl's hand. 

To his surprise, he felt Darryl squeeze his hand in return. Zak could feel his heart beating faster, what was happening? 'I shouldn't worry about it, it's probably nothing,' Zak reassured himself

Suddenly, Zak remembered something, something he should have told Darryl much earlier...

"Hey Bad?" 

"Yeah?"

"Call me Skeppy."

Hhhh I'm not sure if I'm entirely happy with this chapter... Welp, no going back now.