Chapter 4: Heartbeat

Hush hush hush, blush blush blush, you are now my big fat crush!

The way back to Darryl's house was no problem, there were barely any zombies or skeletons roaming around at this time, and the ones that were, were easily slain by Darryl.

Zak felt really safe whenever he was near Darryl, and there was always a lingering feeling of... Happiness? It was a feeling he couldn't quite describe. But he knew he liked it.

Zak glanced at Darryl from the corner of his eye. Darryl was so cute.

To his surprise, he felt a warm hand slide into his own, making his pulse go at crazy fast speeds.

When he felt Darryl squeeze his hand Zak swore he felt like he was going to faint.

"I just want to make sure you're safe the last few steps of the way..." Darryl murmered under his breath, rubbing small circles on the back of Zak's hand with his thumb.

Zak nodded in response, his mind too busy trying to register what was happening to be able to think of anything else to do.

Before Zak knew it, the two had arrived back at Darryl's house, and Darryl let go of Zak's hand.

Zak watched as Darryl opened the door and held it open.

"G-Go on..." Darryl muttered.

A fluttery feeling filled Zak's stomach at the sweet gesture. Zak scolded himself for being this weird around Darryl all the time. He replied with a simple 'thanks,' and an awkward smile on his face. He felt like he had taken a tad too long to reply to Darryl, but what can you do?

When the two had both entered the house, to Zak's surprise, Darryl flipped the hood of his hoodie back, exposing his face again. Darryl looked at Zak and gave him a shy smile.

It made Zak's stomach do flips, was this a sign that Darryl trusted him? Maybe he was the only one who knew what Darryl's real face looked like! The thought made his heart flutter.

"I'm gonna-" Darryl gestured to the furnace, "melt the ores."

Zak nodded, "alright," he said, a small smile tugging at his lips.

When Darryl went to take his belt off, Zak saw this as the 'perfect' oppertunity to stare. Why did he want to stare? He had no idea, but he wanted to. It wasn't weird, he was sure lots of guys stared at their friends.

...Right?

Yes, he was sure of it. Who wouldn't stare at their friend if said friend was beautiful?

Zak decided to ignore that last thought.

Darryl's hair was a beautiful golden colour, His eyes framed by his long lashes, were a bright, emerald green and seemed to light up the world whenever Zak looked into them. Darryl had a cute gap between his two front teeth, which was something that totally completed the picture.

Every time Zak looked, there seemed to be something new to admire, Darryl was like a perfect piece of art.

But that was when Darryl looked him straight in the eyes. Zak felt his face heat up in embarrasment. Darryl had just caught him staring.

Red in the face, Zak covered his face with his hands, but spreading two of his fingers apart so he was still looking at Darryl.

"Skeppy? Are you ok?" Darryl asked, slightly tilting his head to the side. Zak thought it was adorable, making him squeak.

"I-I'm ok don't worry," Zak stuttered, trying his best to sound as calm and collected as possible. But holy crap that was difficult when Darryl was giving him that adorable confused face.

Zak took deep breaths, trying his best to calm down his racing heart. Why was it racing like this? Just a simple glance from Darryl did this to him. Just a simple glance made his heart race and his stomach flip. Was that normal?

Then it hit him like a brick.

He was in love.

He was completely and utterly in love with Badboyhalo.

He could feel tears of panic prick in his eyes, he didn't want Darryl to see him like this. So without another word, he stormed off, down into the basement.

I'm so evil. (I hate how short this chapter is, I promise the next one will be over 1000 words.)