Chapter 1: A God's Blessing

Third Pov:

Today was Izuku Midoriya's fourth birthday as well as the day he would get his quirk. Ironically enough, his birthday would also be the day that all the planets and stars aligned. Something was going to happen, but no one could feel it.

~Somewhere faraway~

"You can't do this!" a woman cried. "Father will never forgive you!"

"I have no choice," a man calmly said back. "You've seen what he has done to the other Gods."

"That doesn't mean you had to steal his staff!" the woman yelled back. "He'll kill you and take your soul too!"

"Better than me than everyone else," the man responded. "With this I can stop him. His reign will be over!"

"You've always been like this," the woman sighed while shaking her head. "Guess there's no helping it, you've been like this ever since you were born right, brother?"

"Hahaha! You're quite right Aph! They don't call me Inari for nothing!" the now named God, Inari, laughs out. "We may not related by blood, but we're closer than twins!"

"What have I gotten myself into?" 'Aph' asks outloud.

~Time skip 2 years~
Note that time flows differently

"It's done," Inari breathed out. "He is finally gone, but so is Aphrodite and I'm not far behind." Looking at the staff currently in his hands, Inari was at a loss on what to do. If he left it like this, it will surely cause chaos, but if he were to destroy it what would happen? A sudden idea dawned upon him. "What if transfer my powers and a portion of my soul in it and have the power search for a worthy wielder?" After doing some quick calculations and theoretic thinking, he decided to do it. "Now, fly away and," he whispered out. "Search for our successor."

Those were his last words before he died and faded away.

Back to Midoriya

"I'm so excited mommy!" a young Midoriya shouted. "I hope I get a quirk as cool as Kaachan's!"

"Calm sweetie," Midoriya's mother, Inko Midoriya laughed out. "Your quirk isn't going anywhere.

"Your mother's right kiddo," Midoriya's father, Hisashi Midoriya said. "Your quirk will come soon enough."

"I know, but-" Izuku started to say as he began swaying and fell to the floor.

"Izuku!" Was all he heard before he passed out.

Inside Izuku's dreamscape

"Where am I?" Izuku asked curiously. "Where did mommy and daddy go?"

"So you're the one the Gods chose?" a voice inquired. "Interesting"

"Are you lost too, mister?" Izuku innocently asked.

"No, my dear boy," the voice responded. "I'm actually here because you are here. You are the one the Gods chose to wield their powers. I am merely a fragment of my original form. Let me introduce myself, my name is Inari, the God of Foxes. And you, Izuku Midoriya were chosen to be the vessel for the Gods' powers."

"Why me?" Izuku questioned. "Isn't there anyone better? Like All Might or some other pro?"

"You see, you have something they don't have."

"What?"

"A soul purer than any other. You will never misuse this power. So, do you accept?"

"What about my quirk?" Izuku asked worriedly. "What would happen to it?"

"Nothing bad," Inari answered. "Your original quirk would have been a fox-like one to begin with. And since you're quirk falls under my category, I gave you my blessing so you are able to wield all of the power of every God whose powers were stolen, including my own. I shan't go into details, but the question is, do you accept?"

"Yes, I accept!"

"Alright then. When you wake up, you should see and feel a pair of fox ears on the top of your head and tail. You'll gain a new tail each time as you mature. I must get going now, time is running out. Remember young Midoriya, don't be afraid of your newfound powers. Embrace it." Inari said as Izuku woke up.

"Izuku!" his parents frantically shouted. "Are you okay?"

"Nnggh," Izuku groaned out while rubbing his fox ears. "Mom, dad, why are you so loud?" Realization dawned on all of them as they noticed his new ears and tail.

"Izuku, you got your quirk!" Inko exclaimed.

"Now you can fulfill your dream of becoming a hero like your old man, right kiddo?" Hisashi asked teasingly.

"Yeah, guess I can," Izuku said. "Weird, I feel so grown up now. Is that what that God meant?"

"What God, honey?" Inko inquired.

"Nothing!" Izuku hurriedly shouted out. "There was no God!"

"Okay..." Inko said not completely convinced. "Shall we go show Katsuki your quirk?"

"Yes!"

~Small timeskip~

"Kaachan, Kaachan, look, I got my quirk!" Izuku yelled to his best friend.

Katsuki Bakugo turned to look at his best friend and was stunned. Izuku looked so... cute. With those pink cheeks dusted with freckles, that mop of green hair, adorable fox features and his very plump lips. At those thoughts, Katsuki blushed. Why was he thinking like this about his best friend?

"Kaachan, are you okay? Your face is turning red," Izuku asked with a cute tilt of his head which deepened Katsuki's blush.

"It's n-nothing y-you dumb nerd!" Katsuki stuttered. He inwardly cursed himself for stuttering.

"If you say so, Kaachan," Izuku said. "But we can heroes together now!"

"Yeah!" Katsuki agreed as talking about their dream made him momentarily forget about how adorable Izuku looked.

Here's the end of chapter 1. Hope you enjoyed it. Any feedback?