What Have We become?

Sighing, I toss my backpack on the desk chair and plop down with the gummy bears on the bed. I close my eyes, leaning my head back on my pillow. Why did this have to happen to him? He doesn't deserve this!

I hate the fact that he's laying in a cold hospital bed with nothing from the outside besides the stuff lion I left him.... and the letter on the bedside table.

My heart speeds up as I remember it. I can recite the letter word for word, as if it's something I've always known. I stayed up the whole night writing it, completely forgetting about a huge test I had the next day.

"Bro. Seriously what the hell are you staring at" a voice says, and I notice that hand mere inches away from my face. It's Yoongi. A frowning, worried Yoongi. But hey, what's new.

"When did you get here?!" And how did I not hear it.....

He chuckles, leaning back with his hands on his lap.

"About ten minutes ago" He says, finally after a minute of staring at his wrist for the time but realizing he didn't have a watch on. Nor does he own one.

"But I just got here like three minutes ago"

"I was using the bathroom"

"Yoongi. You can't just break into someone's room to use the toilet" I say with a loud laugh and his face gets red.

"It's Jimins fault! That little shit plugged the toilet!" He says quickly.

"Ah well...." I say in between fits of giggles. "He does that" I finish, smiling widely at him.

"Yeah..." he says with a small smile, and the room goes silent. He isn't usually this quiet, but recently he has been.

"Hey Yoong, you okay?" I ask and his eyes flash a shade darker for a moment, a frown finding its way on his face.

"Yeah." Quickly but still quiet his voice says, looking down at his hands like they're the most interesting thing in the world.

"You've been so different lately" I say with a slight nod, his eyes shooting up to mine as he clenched his jaw.

"You've noticed?.. hawk-eyed bastard you are" he says with a chuckle and I smile a bit. Not big, just my lips pulled up slightly.

"So what's up?" I say, holding out the bag of gummy bears and he takes a green one.

"I..." he says, munching the head off the bear before continuing, "I think I..."

I raise my eyebrows at him, leaning against the wall behind me as I chew the bear slowly, rolling it between my teeth with my tongue, watching his tense figure.

He's never been a man to hesitate, someone who's always gotten straight to the point no matter who's feelings his words hurt, so this must be pretty important to him. I stay quiet, knowing deep down that's what he wants me to do but my eyes never leave his.

"I think I like someone." He says quickly, biting the inside of his cheek so he can't say anything else.

"Jimin?"

"How'd yo-"

"I've seen you guys hyung." I say. He looks at me for a moment, his jaw loosening a bit before his eyes slide slowly back down to his hands.

"He's your dongsaeng." I say and he nods, biting his lip.

"Yeah.. and I'm not gay.."

"Hyung. Your not?" He thinks about it for a moment before shaking his head, somewhat accepting the reality of the situation.