Before Sunset

*Amelia POV*

I went to the school to help Rebekah clean up.
"Where were you last night?" I asked her.
"I have no idea I blacked out. Probably something to do with my mother" she said.

"Where Matt?" I said.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute" she said picking up trash.

"Are you kidding me" I said
"I guess it's just you and me" I sighed.

"I didn't even attend the dance that I organized" she said upset.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean, I know you, like, hated her and everything, but still" I said.

"Thanks" she said.

"I'm going to get started on the gym" she walks out.

I then heard loud noises. I ran to find Rebekah and I find her fighting Alaric.

Wait, I thought he was dead.

He was holding Rebekah up by the locker about to kill her with the white oak stake.

I ran up to him trying to get him off her.

Rebekah then plunges the stake into his chest. We start running away but he catches up to me and pulls me by the hair throwing me across the hall.

*Rebekah POV*

I ran back to the mansion as fast as I could.

"Klaus!?" I yelled looking for him.
"Alaric Saltzman tried to kill me" I found him packing.

"Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead" he said.

"Well, he's not! And he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him" I said.

"He stronger, Nick. Too strong"
"Where is he now?" He asked.

"Stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls, he'll come after us" I was beginning to get worried.

"We need to leave now" I said.
"Fine. I'll collect Elena and we'll be on our way" he grabbed his jacket.

"Forget Elena! You don't need anymore stupid hybrids!" I yelled.
"What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us" he said.

"We'll protect each other, like we always have" I said.

"Always and forever, Nik"

"I'm not leaving without her"
"I'm leaving now. You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own" I hissed.

He didn't answer.

"Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you, see if I care" I walked out.

"Move it, sire boy" I pushed past Tyler.

*Damon POV*

"I thought you were standing guard" Stefan said to me.

"Don't blame me! Blame Bonnie the blood bank. She fed him" I said.

"I had no idea what was happening. Ok, the witches led me there. They wanted him to feed so he'd turn" Bonnie said.

"So where's the stake now?" my brother asked.

"Oh, you mean the white oak one? The one that can kill an original and wipe out an entire line of vampires? We don't know" I looked at Bonnie.

"If you're so upset with me, why did you feed me your blood to save my life" she said.

"Because I do stupid things, Bonnie. I do things, like let my friend die with dignity when I should have just killed him" I said.