The Departed

*Damon POV*

Me and Stefan were now driving to drop Klaus's body into the Atlantic.

I was on the phone with Jeremy.
"You did what?" I said

"I took her to the hospital. When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911" Jeremy said.

"Not when you have a parade of vampire at your disposal" I said.

"Every remaining original is going to want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there" Stefan says.

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation" Jeremy said.
"Jeremy, get Elena home. We're on our way" I hung up the phone.

"Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you not being the dumbest sibling on Earth" I said.

"So you're saying Amelia is dumb?" he asked.

I then didn't answer.
"Have she talked to you lately?" I asked.

"No. You?"

"Nope" I said.
"She's being stubborn" he said.

"I don't get why she's so upset with us" I said.
"Just give her time" he sighed.

*Elena POV*

The door bell rang and I went to go get it and I saw Elijah standing at the door way.

I was shocked.

"Elijah" Stefan said

"Hello again" he slightly smiled.

We were sitting at the table hearing what Elijah has to say.
"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession. My family will scatter to the ends of the Earth. And Alaric will follow us" he explained.

"And you'll just...run" Stefan said.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena's able to live out the rest of her natural life?" He continued.

"We finally stopped him, Elijah" I said.
"After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back" I added.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive klaus within yours, not even within your children's lifetimes" he said.

"Perhaps that'll finally teach him some manners" he said.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over" Matt interrupted.

"And for that I'm deeply ashamed" he says.

"But know this-- she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight. So, Elena, I leave it to you to make to decision whether to trust me or not" he said looking at me.

"Not! Hello! Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!"Damon said on the phone.

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms, if you return Klaus's body to us....Elena will come to no harm" Elijah said.

"Do we have a deal?" Elijah asked.

"No! No, no, no, no. Did I mention, no!" Damon said.

"Elena, it's up to you" Stefan sighed.

"Oh, come on!" Damon whined.

"Why do you want Klaus's body?" I asked.

"He's my brother. We remain together" he said.