Family Meetings and Doubts

(A/n)
Did this one about 4 years ago. It's acrylic paint on a 2x3in paper, so it's super tiny. It made for a fun challenge.

You felt like a love struck school girl. He'd told you he loved you. You hadn't heard someone say that to you in years. It left you feeling like you were on cloud nine. It must have showed on your face, he started telling you it all the time just to see you light up. Any time you'd pout or get moody, he'd say it to turn your attitude around. And it worked every time.

"Love?" Cracker was looking at his phone, laying with you in bed at his place. It had been a lazy morning.

<Yeah?>

"It looks like momma wants me to join her for a lunch date. I'm going to have to head out for a bit."

<She doesn't like me, does she?>

He sighed and rubbed his face. "She's.... particular about our partners sometimes. It's not you, I promise."

<If you say so.> You rolled your eyes and smiled.

He chuckled. "I'll only be gone for a few hours, tops." The sheets fell away as he got up and kissed you.

He faced away from you as dressed himself in jeans and one of his nicer shirts. Your eyes roamed his body, drinking in the sight of well shaped ass disappear into the pants and his muscles rolling as he pulled the shirt over his head. It sucked that he had to get dressed but it made for a good show.

He slipped into his shoes and grabbed his wallet. "Okay, I'll see you later, behave yourself while I'm gone." You laughed silently as he bent down to kiss you again. "I love you."

<I love you too.>

The original plan for the day was to spend it in bed together doing either nothing or each other as both of you had no work to do today. You were bummed that those plans were ruined but from what you knew, his mom's word was final in just about everything. If she wanted lunch with one of her kids that was exactly what she got.

Might as well get up if Cracker isn't going to be here. You found one of his shirts to wear along with a pair of panties you kept here for occasions like this. It felt a little silly but you two kept some spare clothes at each other's places and spent the night together at one or the other every night. It'd be easier to move in together but that would be too simple.

You didn't plan on leaving his place today. That'd mean putting on pants and that wasn't going to happen. Luckily, past you was looking out for present you and brought some paints and paper over the other day. Among the different papers was a few smaller scraps, one of them would be great for practice.

You spent some time deciding what to paint and went with a peacock feather. You were feeling something colorful and that'd be perfect. After a rough sketch, you started on the actual painting, taking your time to get decent detail on it despite being small scale. After about an hour and a half you finished. It shouldn't take so long to paint something so small but you managed it somehow (it literally took me about that long to do it.). It killed time at least.

There was still plenty of time until Cracker got home and there wasn't really anything to do. TV sounded like the next best option. You could put on something and maybe go back to sleep for a bit. It's a lazy day, it's never too early for a nap. You flopped onto the couch and put your favorite show on. You'd seen it more times than you could count, it'd be easy to pass out to.

----

A finger poked at your cheek until you started shifting around, shoving your face into the couch cushions. There was a snicker as you settled and felt something warm envelop you, followed by more jabs to your face. Why couldn't you sleep in peace?