Chapter 1: A Young Boy's Beginning

Key:
Y/N= Your Name
V/N= Village Name
H/C= Hair Color
E/C= Eye Color
The father of the church of V/N, Father Seth, was working hard, filing papers about the church. All of a sudden, he heard a loud cry come from the outside of the church. He quickly ran to the door, where he saw a small basket with a baby boy inside. He picked up the basket and took the baby inside, "My, my. Who left you here little one?" The baby stopped crying and looked at the father. The father smiled, "Now, let's see your name." He looked at the blanket for a name and found one, "Oh, Y/N. So that's your name. Well, you'll be safe here. I'll make sure to take good care of you." The baby began to giggle at the father.

Time Skip: Fifteen Years Later
Fifteen long years had passed since Y/N had been found at the church's doorstep. He had grown up a fine young man who was of age to receive his grimoire. Despite having lived in V/N his whole life, many people found him strange. He was a rather secretive person. So much so that he had never even used his magic in front of other people. Father Seth stared at the young boy that he had raised, worried about how the other villagers talked about him. Father Seth walked up to Y/N as he was hanging the laundry, "Y/n, may I speak to you?" Y/N said, "You are speaking to me right now, yet you ask for permission?" Father Seth sighed, "Right. You really are the serious type. But honestly, I need to talk to you." Y/N stopped the laundry and turned to face the Father Seth. Seth continued, "I was just wondering what you planned to do after you received your grimoire at the ceremony." Y/N simply replied, "I will continue to help here at the church in any way that I can." Seth smiled at him, "And I thank you for that. You've spent all your time helping out at this little church, even though it's only the two of us here. But are you sure that you want to stay here? My old friend who runs the church in Hage village has told me that two young men about your age are planning on going to take the magic knights entrance exam after they received their grimoires. Isn't that interesting?" Y/N remained silent for a moment before answering, "It is a foolish dream. There is no possible way that the nobles of the realm would accept two commoners into the Magic Knights. Especially not two orphans." Father Seth sighed, "Well, they still plan to take the exam after they get their grimoires. Maybe you should take the exam." Y/N looked a the father, "How ridiculous. No way am I going to take the entrance exam at the capital." Father Seth let out another sigh. He wanted the child that he raised for so long to have a better life and he might do so if he took the Magic Knights entrance exam. He was about to talk to him again when another villager ran up to them. Seth asked, "What happened? What's wrong?" The villager said, "There are some bandits. They're attacking the outskirts of the village." Y/N and Father Seth followed back to where the bandits were. The bandits had gathered all the villagers in an clearing of the village. There were only about ten or fifteen of them. There leader was yelling, "Alright now. You pieces of trash. Time for you to make a generous donation to me and my gang here. Now just do as I say and no one gets hurt." As the bandits began moving towards the villagers, they were each shot down by strikes of light. The leader looked around confused when he was attacked as well. Y/N had defeated them with his magic, which was the rare element of light. As soon as he did so, the villagers stared at him, completely in shock that the little boy that they always thought as weird possessed such a vast amount of magic and the rarest of magical attributes. As Y/N was about to leave, a man ran up to him. It was the current Wizard King of the Clover Kingdom, Julius Novachrono. The villagers bowed down in respect to the Wizard King. Lord Julius was excited, "Incredible. I never saw such incredible magical ability in such a young man. And light magic! What a rare find! How do you use it? What form does it take? What's the most powerful way you can use it?" Y/N frowned at the Wizard King's various questions. Y/N was walking back when Julius asked,  "I know. How about you join the Magic Knights?!" Father Seth got excited at what the Wizard King said, "Did you hear that Y/N? Even the Wizard King himself says that you're good enough the join the Magic Knights. Are you reconsidering it? Huh, huh!" The two older men stared at Y/N, who sighed, "I'll consider it."