Chapter 2

The Past Shall Remains

🔥🌹✨🔥✨🌹🔥

Melody wakes up with another nightmare but she was too used to it to wake up scared. She flutter her eyes open and sits upright on her red canopy bed, and softly push her black locks of hair off of her face. She turn to the side and dangle her feet off the bedside and stands up. The girl walks over to her dressing table and picks up her phone and presses down on the power button, looking at the lock screen showing the time of 4:45AM.

It's way too early but she's too wide awake to even care, the girl walks into her bathroom to get herself into her usual black dress. She walks to her mirror and brush her long hair and tie it into a messy bun instead, the girl picks up her black lipstick and softly paint her lips. Its only a thin layer as she set it back down and fix her locks of hair here and there. The girl wear on her boots as she picks up her things before walking down the stairs and grabbing her lace Victorian umbrella.

The girl turns all of her lights off in the house and steps out on her porch to lock the door. The black haired girl opens her umbrella and hovers it over her head and begin walking her way to the hotel, the city is so quiet with barely anybody around. She thought maybe she could have a peaceful time walking to the hotel but it came to an end when she sees someone familiar from afar, his red striped suit give it all.

Pretending that she doesn't notice him, the girl lowered her umbrella from looking at people's faces as she walk past him. But it didn't help whatsoever, Alastor quickly grabs on her wrist making her turn around to look at him.

"I thought so it was you, dear! Why are you up so early at this time of the morning?" He asks, his voice laced with his usual radio static and charm. Melody was a bit uncomfortable that he's holding her wrist, due to what happened to her in her past her hand could literally pop off from her arm so she couldn't do much and not pull her hand away. Melody looks up at him, also tilting the umbrella onto her shoulder.

"Well I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. I thought I could just head to the hotel to help out." Melody answer, eyeing his claw like hands that had a firm grip of her wrist. Alastor notice this and lets her wrist go, the girl mumble a quiet thanks before rubbing her wrist and tugging on her half gloves.

"Well aren't you a helpful girl! That's very lovely of you to do so. Here, I'll accompany you to the hotel as I'm heading there too." He offered as Melody steps to the side and nod quietly, the radio demon smiles his usual smile as they both walk down the street to the hotel. It was quiet for a moment before Alastor noticed something, "I see that you've changed the style of your hair, it looks quite stylish on you!" He complemented.

"Thanks, I just thought I'd wear it like that so it would be much easier for me to do work." Melody says, but deep inside her thoughts she was thinking, 'Was he staring at me? I'm sure my umbrella would cover myself, huh..'

"You're welcome, my dear and ah, that is quite true." He reply as he looks around, he does know that Melody wasn't the type to strike up conversations unless she's close with one and knows what they like to talk about. "Say, may I ask you a question, darling?" He asks as he glances to the girl in front of him. Melody hummed a response, not turning to him.

"What is it?" She reply as she kept her eyes focused in front of her.

"You seem to cover yourself with that umbrella, is there a reason? If you don't mind me asking, my dear." His eyes turns to the place all around them as they pass by it, waiting for a reply. It was quiet for a second as she shook her head, not minding him asking a question.