Chapter 15

Lies

🔥🌹✨🔥✨🌹🔥

Melody sighs after sipping her hot tea as she crosses her right leg on the other. Both of her gloved hands holding the cup as she sets it quietly on the table, Alastor watch the girl as he have his own cup of hot black coffee in hand.

"Thanks, Al." Melody thank him as she looks up at him from the cup of tea. The demon only chuckle and wave his free hand,

"It's a no problem, dear. You really need to get away from that fool." Alastor smiles at Melody as she blinks and averts her eyes from his. She rests her head on her palm of her left hand, the other holding the cup as she looks off to the side. She watch all the other demons in the quiet cafe, who knew there's a cafe in hell that'd actually be quiet and peaceful?

"I honestly don't remember the reason why I fell for him." Melody suddenly blurt out as the red demon flickers his eyes from the cup of his black coffee to the girl who have her eyes elsewhere. As if she was talking to herself, Melody continue without looking at Alastor who's staring at her. "I think it's because he was so kind to me, understood me and were the second person to believe that I was human." She slowly whisper out the last few words as she turns and looks at Alastor slowly,

"Oh. Sorry for rambling." The girl notices as she leans backwards and sits upright on her chair. Alastor only smile,

"It's alright, dear." He reassures. "Say, how long have you known the charming demon belle?" Alastor asks out of the blue, making Melody blink for a second in silence.

"What do you mean?" She asks back, repeating his question in her head.

"I saw that you were really close to her, dear and I'd like to be close to her, myself." He smiles as he leans forward with his free hand on his cheek and tilting his head. Melody was taken aback as she seals her black painted lips shut,

"I-" She voice out as she cuts herself short. "I don't think I have the authority to tell you anything about Charlie. I suggest that you get to know her, yourself." Melody looks down to the cup of tea as she empties it and sets it down on the table. She stares down on her empty cup and stands up from her chair, she takes out something from the pocket of her skirt as she puts it on the table.

Its a dollar. She picks up her umbrella that's resting by her chair as she wave slightly towards Alastor,

"I'm gonna go back." She whispers and leaves the cafe in an instant. Alastor watch as she leaves as his smile grows wider,

Almost there.

Melody walks through the streets, a little too fast as she grips her umbrella tightly around her hands. She's so confused, even her face shows it; the itched eyebrows and the visible frown on her lips as her eyes wonder all over the place. The girl been looking down for the whole time as she accidentally bump into someone, she steps back from the impact as she rubs her forehead that had hit the person's back.

"Aye what the fu...ck.." The spider turns around to see Melody as he slowly cuss upon seeing her face, troubled face. Sin looks at Angel as she notices Melody, in her hand is a lollipop.

"Oh. Hey, Mel-" Sin waves but instead of saying anything, Melody just shook her head to herself as she walks to the side and past the two. Sin and Angel watch as the girl walk away, her shoulders are tensed and you can visibly see it before the girl pulls her umbrella even more as it covers half of her body. Sin and Angel looks at one another, "That's not okay." She states out as she points to Melody who's slowly disappearing into the crowd of sinners.