Chapter 6

Pathetic Feelings

🔥🌹✨🔥✨🌹🔥

Sin blinks, processing his words in her head.

"Wait what?" She croak out, "You're interested in Melody?" She asks, with raised eyebrows, Alastor stares back at the girl in silence as if he was offended. She holds her hands up in defense, "No, no! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have a bad taste. But, Melody is really hard to impress and have really high standards." Sin says as she waves her hand around and sets them down on the counter.

"Is she really, dear?" He asks, as if he was really upset with it. Sin shrugs,

"For all I know about her in my life, dead and alive — She only dated once, she always kept to herself and I have never seen her fall for anyone after the two broke up." Sin says as she looks down at her hands, looking at her painted nails. Alastor hums, but then Sin suddenly slams her hands on the table as if she figured something out. "Oh I know! This is something that I seemed to notice back then and even now she still does it, she avoids eye contacts with people she likes — a lot!" Sin says as she laughs, remembering how she used to avoid eye contact with her ex and her face turning tint pink. She would covers her face with anything in hand.

"She dated someone before?" Alastor asks, smiling towards Sin; his eyes a bit lidded. Sin nods,

"It only lasted a few months because that guy never really paid any attention to her. In the end she turn her back like it was nothing, I didn't even see her break down crying." Sin says, smiling. Alastor nods, the two turn their heads when someone walks down the stairs. Melody didn't even glance their way as she reaches the end of the stairs, she stops when a notification ringtone of a bell came from her phone.

She pulls her phone out and looks at the screen, her eyes widening a little. A few seconds later her phone start ringing as she jumps, she immediately start walking towards the front door to take the call. The two watch her until she disappear behind the doors,

"Well that seemed urgent, anyways I'm gonna go and probably smoke or something." She says as she waves to Alastor which he returns and start walking into the kitchen to find Angel. Alastor turns his head to the front doors of the entrance, not making any noise — he uses his shadow manipulation as he teleports himself by the door.

"..-ur Highness, I'll inform your daughter about it. Yes, thank you. I'll see you soon." Was all he heard as she ends the call, a long sigh came out from her. Alastor acted as if he had just arrived by the door until Melody opens it, almost hitting him which she stopped before doing so. She looks up at him, suddenly averting her eyes right away as she steps inside. "I'm sorry." She says, referring to almost hitting him.

"It's quite alright, dear." He says but before she could leave, Alastor calls out to her. "Melody," the said girl turns her head towards him. Barely keeping her eyes on his. "You seem troubled, what's the matter?" He asks. Melody shakes her head, her blank face still showing.

"It's nothing, I think I'm just low on sugar again and tired." She says as she looks towards the kitchen door. Alastor's smile widen,

"Why is that?" He asks, noticing that she's avoiding eye contact. But, it may be just from her being tired. Melody held her hands behind her back as she looks up at Alastor finally,

"It's something related to when I was alive, I have low blood pressure and need sweets to boost my energy sometimes." She says, her voice suddenly turning monotone. Alastor tilt his head slightly,

"Ah, I'm guessing you like sweets then?" He guesses, he was opposite from her — Alastor hated sweets and he preferred the bitter taste more. Melody nods,