cleaning.

"So I got some news about your boyfriends and their new club~"

Your eyes narrowed at the familiar voice, "what is it Kenji."

He shielded himself with his arms as he nervously smiled at you, a nervous chuckle coming out, "Easy there [Y/N], I just got some news about the swim club that Haru, Nagisa, and Makoto started up."

You tilted your head at him, "they actually started a swim club?"

He smirked at you.

He always had to do that you thought, he's been like that since you were kids. He waved at Akihito and the others as he told them that he was going to take a quick break.

"I'll be back in a second okay! I just need to rest for a minute!" he said as he went to sit next to you, his trademark smirk still present on his face.

He let out a sigh as he looked at the rest of the team practicing before turning to you, "As I was saying I have news about the swim club, they currently only have three members, Nagisa, Haru, and Makoto obviously and they have to clean out the old pool before they can even start".

You looked up at him with a slightly annoyed face.

"And I need to know this because..."

Somehow his face started to look even more smug than it already did, "I'm telling you this so you can go support your boyfriends in their journey to have a successful swim club of course! I mean what other reason could I have,"

You continued to glare at him, his annoying smug face not planning to lose its smirk anytime soon. He surprised you by suddenly smiling at you, a genuine smile unlike all of the annoying smug smirks that he usually gave people.

"I know I act like a jerk all the time but at the end of the day I'm still your friend and I want the best for you," he sighed and looked at you as his eyes softened, "It doesn't take a genius to realize the change in your attitude due to how much you, Haru, Makoto, and Nagisa have grown apart, I-"

"Okay, Okay, I got it. There's no need to get all sentimental and in my face with it. I'll go." you said, interrupting him midsentence with a slightly annoyed tone in your voice. Despite the way that you were acting you were still grateful towards your friend.

"I guess I'll see you la-"

"OI! Shimura hurry up already you've rested long enough!"

Kenji groaned in annoyance at the booming voice of the coach, "I guess I'll see you later," he said as he waved goodbye to you.

"Thanks, Kenji," you said as you smiled at him.

"Whatever," he said with a playful smirk as he ran towards the rest of the team.

~

You walked through the open gate to the school pool and looked down at the three boys cleaning out the pool and smiled.

They're actually going through with this?

You let out a chuckle as you looked at their faces and how focused they looked pulling the weeks out of the pool.

Why am I not surprised?

You noticed Nagisa freeze in the middle of his work having heard your small chuckle. He turned around and looked at you, a wide smile across his face as he greeted you.

"[N/N]-chan!"

You were slightly surprised by his loud tone but you eventually smiled at him as you raised your hand to give him a small wave back.