Chapter 5: (FINISHED FINALLY!)

"Rabbitpaw! Rabbitpaw!" Mistypaw whispered into Rabbitpaw's ear while shaking her fiercely. "GET UP!"

"Huh? Okay, 1 minute..." Rabbitpaw croaked sleepily.

"NOW! Before everyone wakes up and notices we are gone!" Misty whispers and nudges her hard. "I guess I have to go without her!" Misty called as she left the den.

"Okay, okay! I'm awake! Mistypaw come back!" Rabbitpaw groaned as she got up, though her legs are still wobbly and her eyes droopy. She managed to rush out the den and catch up to Mistypaw.

"Why are you running so clumsily?! We have to be silent!" Mistypaw whispered to Rabbitpaw.

"Okay, okay, boss!" Rabbitpaw mewed, rolling her eyes.

"No time for jokes Rabbitpaw! Aren't you excited?!" she mewed back. "We are going to see so many places outside of camp! And I know some of them already," she said trying to hold back a smirk.

They left the camp through the secret passage made to look like a fox burrow so other cats don't go inside. They passed through many trees and finally came to the clan border. Uneasily, both kittens place one paw at a time to the other side of the scent marks. "Wow," they both whispered as if they hadn't seen the trees on the other side, that looked exactly the same as the ones in their clan territory.

"Actually, it's not much of a sight," Rabbitpaw mewed, shifting in her paws.

"Of course not! I was just saying wow because of that pretty bird in the tree! Let's get to the real 'wow' part!" Mistypaw said excitedly.

"Oh, heh, okay! I'm kind of nervous. How can you be so positive and curious and fearless?" Rabbitpaw mewed hesitantly. "You know... as they say, curiosity killed the cat."

"Oh come on! Do you have to state all our ancestors' quotes? Why are you so poetic? That's just a joke!" Mistypaw said rolling her eyes, though she knew Rabbitpaw was right.

The whole way Mistypaw told her about the places she had known and seen and they ventured far. For some reason, Rabbitpaw didn't feel the excitement Mistypaw had. She trudged behind Mistypaw, the whole time never saying a word.

"Y-Y'know it's better we head b-back now... I think they are going to be up and looking for us soon..." Rabbitpaw stuttered.

"Um... I think you're right. They are going to be missing us," Mistypaw replied in agreement.

They walked the direction they had come from for a while, trying to remember the trees they had passed, but it was no use. They couldn't remember where the clan was. They were lost. They didn't have to say a word; they both knew it and they could see the fright in each other's eyes.

"How about I go this way and you go in the opposite direction. If one of us finds the way back, we will meet at this big oak tree. Okay?" Rabbitpaw asked, looking for easy and sensible solutions.

"Uh, okay," Mistypaw mewed uneasily. "What happens if we don't?"

"We'll stay here until someone finds us," Rabbitpaw replied. If they ever, they both added silently as they strode off in the opposite direction.

"Why did I even think of this?" groaned Mistypaw. "I knew I was doing something wrong!"

As she mumbled to herself, she didn't notice a large red creature. The unlucky animal stepped on a twig while it was creeping behind her in the bushes. Mistypaw swiveled around as fast as a lightning bolt.

"Wh-who's there?!" Mistypaw screeched. The creature jumped out of the bushes, it's huge legs outstretched and it's long claws aiming for her neck.

"AAAHH! HELP!" she cried as she rapidly zigzagged between trees as the animal chased after her. 'Why do these things always happen to me? Why am I so unlucky?' she thought as she raced out to an open clearing. 'Oh no, oh no! Now I'm totally dead! It will see me wherever I go!' she panicked inside, 'My pelt won't help either!'