upptäckt

i stared at jack watching him laugh as he typed away at his computer. His headphones were in as he chatted with corbyn. Again.
i began to get annoyed. He had been home all morning he hadn't as much as glanced at me.

Dramatic. So damn dramatic.

I stood from the table and went to the kitchen. Maybe he would be happy if I made him something to eat. Maybe he would forgive me for the small things I did that made him upset.
I didn't like when he ignored me I hated it.

my head began to pound as I finished making him something. I made him pancakes and eggs because I never asked him what he likes. But boyfriends tend to like meaningless things no matter if they are cheap. They want to know that you're thinking about them.
jack doesn't know he's the only one I think about every day. Maybe it's because he's an idiot.

I set down the plate in front of him and he looked up at me with a scowl. "If this is your way of making me get out of my chair so you can sit here you can fuck off."

I suddenly remembered I used to put my things infront of him to get him out of my chair. It usually worked but he said it was rude. "It's for you." I muttered.

"I'm not hungry. Did you eat today? I didn't see you take your pills zach."

My eyebrows furrowed and I shut his computer hanging up on corbyn. Jack looked at me shocked. "Why the hell would you hang up?"

"I don't like your attitude lately. You're making it hard for us to be happy and corbyn doesn't need to invade on our personal life everyday. Doesn't he have a life or a girlfriend?" I said angrily trying to keep my temper intact but it didn't seem to be working.
he looked down at his plate sighing. We both stayed in silence for awhile not daring to speak. "Why are we fighting?" his voice small and quiet. He stood up leaning close lifting his arms to hug me.

"I need a smoke." I muttered turning to leave.
I didn't understand why I couldn't just fix things between us. What did I need to do to make him happy?

maybe he wanted me to have a friend. like how he had corbyn. I don't fucking understand him.

-

after my afternoon classes ended I sat outside campus smoking quietly before I decided to go home. I debated coming home that night. Jack didn't want me there

Maybe I should go see my brother tonight.

"Have any to spare?" A unfamiliar voice asked. I looked up to see a boy with short brown hair, glasses and a Hawaiian shirt with plaid pants. He had a nervous smile on his face.

before I declined I remembered I needed a friend so I grabbed another handing it to him.

He sat beside me lighting his before looking at me. "I'm austin. Austin porter. I major in graphic design." He held out his hand to shake I took it hesitantly.

I shook it noticing he had painted nails. "I'm zach herron. " I said nervously. Hopefully it would be easy making a friend but the only friend I've had was my next door neighbor I was too young to remember befriending her. The boy beside me looked as if he hadn't had many friends either but I may be wrong.

"You don't have many friends do you?" I asked suddenly looking at his clothes. He shook his head.
"I've got about four. I like to stay focused on my work." He chuckled before taking a drag of his cigarette.

"That's what you like to tell yourself." I said seeing through his lie instead of being offended he smiled and laughed a little before nodding.

"Hey Zach are you hungry?"

_

we ended up at a small diner about fifteenth minutes away from the college. A few plates of food lay out on the table while Austin smiled down at his food.

Austin seemned to be a very shy person. He barley looked me in the eye when speaking. Which led me to believe he must have been considered talking to me for awhile now. It must've taken him a bit to gain that sort of confidence.
I noticed his eyes always shifted or he seemed startled whenever our eyes met. As if he was self conscious about his looks.

though I didn't necessarily mind his shyness. I felt his quietness to be a fit for me. I liked it a lot I'm fact. I would show jack I made a friend to make him happy.

and I would finally have someone to talk to when jack wasn't home.

______________________

Shy porter