My Over Protective Possessive Alpha Mate

"Cassandra Edison, get down here right now!" Dad impatiently yelled up to me.

I had just finished curling and pinning my hair.

"I'm coming," I muttered to myself after yelling down to Dad, mostly about his constant impatience.

I turned to my mirror and looked for any flaws that my mother would point out right before we walked out the door.

I had my fancy black heels, dress, and jewelry. Black and gold, as usual.

I had my golden ring and gold wrist bracelets, more like cuffs, on each wrist with my fathers name, Edison, to signify that I am unmated and belong to my father, to me it seemed like a taboo traditions most packs had long left behind but our pack insisted on being traditional to please the Alpha King. If I was to find my mate tonight, I would be able to take them off and replace them with his, depending on if his pack still did it like ours. But I would be able to take them off for social gatherings, as long as I have his mark on my neck.

Always belonging to someone else.

"Cassandra," my father growled in his warning voice, he would soon storm down the door and threaten my bottom, though he never has hit me before. Can't say the same about my mother, however.

I quickly gathered my phone and locked my bedroom door. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could in heels. "I'm here! I'm here," I said as I arrived down stairs.

My mother scanned me over once and nodded approvingly with only a slight disgruntled look in her eyes, she was in a good mood.

She was hoping I would find my mate tonight.

I sighed, I knew that some mates were totally and completely in love but others are constantly cheated on, of course with my bad luck, I would most likely have the latter.

We arrived at the palace where the royals were preparing for their daughter, Ella's, 19th birthday. Princess Ella and I weren't very close but nice enough to call friends I was after all only the beta's daughter of the pack closest to her palace. The alphas daughter, Alissa, and I got along much better, she was 18 and much nicer than her highness. Nonetheless, since she was the Princess of the werewolves and higher than us, she believes that she has the right to criticize our every flaw.

"Ah, Cassandra! How wonderful to see you again!" Queen Claira said, touching my cheek lightly. "So beautiful." She whispered touching one of my curls. I was a bit confused by her constant kindness towards me, always towards me.

I did not let the thoughts of confusion stop my formalities, however. I smiled politely.

"Your highness," I replied with a bow. She nodded in brief acknowledgement towards my parents who made a chorus of "Your Majesty."

"Cassie!" Ella screamed running down the stairs in a huge blue dress. "Your here early, come I must show you my array of masks for tonight!"

I nodded as she led me to her room but I was confused. "But Princess tonight is your party, and it is uh.. not a masquerade." I tried to put on a likable appearance but I still did not enjoy her presence.

Her eyes flashed me a dark, smoldering look, she turned to me and placed her hands on her hips, stating, "Tonight is whatever I want it to be, Cassie."

I nodded and bowed showing my respect. "Of course, Princess."

"I believed this would happen so I took extra precautions and once you step in the door you will be handed a mask to match your outfit."

She brought out a beautiful golden mask for me while hers was black and blue. This was going to be a long night, I could already infer from the beginning of a dull pain in the soles of my feet.

As we returned to the ballroom area I could faintly hear talking meaning guest were beginning to arrive. The scents were familiar because mostly my pack members were here first, other packs from around the world would probably take longer to get here since they do not know the area as well as we do.

Tonight the Alpha King had made many packs attend in the western hemisphere, this event was a big deal for werewolves all around the world because pack gatherings means the likely hood of finding your mate, which is why I will stay as far away from men as possible tonight. Others coming from different continents of the world were here just in hopes of finding their mates while the younger adult tended to away from the opposite sex.

I found my friend Ariana with her boyfriend Trey in the corner talking, and I knew exactly what they were talking about, if one of them finds their mate at this ball the other would have to let them go. I had to rolled my eyes, they were incredibly stupid, they knew they weren't mates but still decided to date which is a very bad decision but it was their decision to one day be left heart broken.

I stood next to them while they argued about it again. Although, there was no point in arguing. When a male found his mate there would be nothing standing in his way of claiming her. Not her family, not her school, and certainly not a past relationship.

I just stood around as the place filled with people from all around the world. I stood there being invisible when I had felt my wolf start to act up, pacing and scratching lightly inside of me. I crossed to ballroom to find a bathroom so that I could splash some water on my face. Sniffing the air as I went, I could smell mint chocolate scent standing out from the rest of the crowd. He's here.

Of course he is.

My wolf was howling and scratching at the barriers I held in my mind to keep her in, I hissed in pain holding my head. I tried my best to keep control and stay hidden against the wall in the shadows. Did I want this?

Not that I had too much of a choice. If I had caught his scent he had most likely caught mine. I lived here for crying out loud.

I made it into the bathroom and immediately went under the tap for a quick drink, I was losing my mind and fast. I let myself and my wolf clam down a little bit with the cold water soothing over my enlarged emotions. Should I let him find me or hide and evade this life I know I will have eventually?

Then I breathed out before making the easier decision, hide for a little while longer. Not run away long but maybe an hour long postponing.

Once out of the hallway, I could smell the scent lingering everywhere as I forewent on an emotional roller coaster that included physical pain still lingering in my head.

I was surveying my surrounding, checking to be sure the coast was clear when I saw a man with a black mask staring at me curiously and he started to walk briskly towards me, I became paranoid and nonchalantly walked away from him he started to pick up his pace so I did as well once he started running after me.

I freaked out and ran too. Once I was in the ball room, filled to the brim with dancing adults, teens, and even smaller children alike I dashed through the crowd to my corner with my friends. Maybe they could help to cloak my scent for a moment so I could gather my wits and remember how and where to hid in this huge palace.

"Cassandra, whats wrong?" Ariana asked startled by my sudden appearance.

"Man. Chasing me. In the hall," I answered out of breathe and still freaked out, that was the worst thing I have ever experienced. I was just calming down when I was grabbed from behind, I began to scream my lungs out.

"No, no, please let me go. Please," I begged, I just needed an hour to myself to come to terms with this.

"Ssh, ssh! I'm sorry but my Alpha needs you," cooed the man carrying me. I was still scared but he put his hand over my mouth when I didn't stop screaming. He put me down in front of a man larger than him and I lost my balance and almost fell but he caught me mid-air and crushed me against his chest, I felt the sparks and Miranda was sreaming and howling within me.

"It's you."

He dragged his nose along my neck and jaw slowly, "Mate, I have finally found you" he moaned into my skin before I felt his teeth rip into my neck.

To claim me as his mate.

Of course, he would be an Alpha. The most dominating and possessive wolf there could be.