Submission

CASSANDRA'S POV

   I ran, I didn't know what else to do. I just found my mate I know what the law says! He was clearly over seventeen, obviously, so we would be expected to mate in no more than a year but since he was an Alpha we would be expected to mate in no less than a few months.

I would be expected to have a pup so soon. I am still extremely young and did not want that responsibility at this age.

I gulped and stumbled down the staircase taking them two or three at a time, holding my bleeding neck that was painfully throbbing with his hurt emotion and now bubbling rage.

I heard others running after me, their runaway Luna. I made a swift turn and guards from all sides surrounded me, most likely hearing of numerous people yelling after me.

I knew what I was doing was worthy of punishment so I had to give up and submit to them as my mate came for me. Running from your mate is an act of disobedience, which could possibly be illegal to us, rejecting, running, or not mating with your mate is strictly prohibited.

My mate could now take away every possible access of freedom I had before because I ran from him, this was not good.

I should have been smarter and remembered the consequences of my actions.

But when you are fearful running always seems like the best option.

Nonetheless, this could mean in some cases - if my mate was cruel, I could never be able to see the sunlight again. This situation is not new, it has been practiced before, when a mate would disobey the dominate he would only let her out on certain days and that would only be outside for a few hours to stretch her legs and let her wolf out.

I gulped, if he was extremely cruel he may let all his friends have their fun with me, I flinched, it has happened only when an Alpha believes his mate ran from him because she thought he was unworthy of her. He let all his pack mates have their fun with her, once she had died days later due to the abundance of abuse and her wolf giving up with emotional and physical trauma, he realized she was just scared, she was only fifteen and he was twenty-six, he wiped out his own pack and killed himself within days of her death.

I only just realized the consequences of my actions.

After about five minutes of hoping I would have a swift death, he came to us. The guards handed me to him and he said, "Thank you for finding her."

"You mean, thank you for saving your ass for finding your runaway mate," a guard mocked, scornfully. He was once a friendly face, but now looked down at me on my knees with a cold expression.

I could tell he believed I was utter trash for running away from this responsibility.

My mate, still unnamed, growled and had a hand around my waist, picking me up from my submissive position and holding me away from the guards, "No, I mean finding her." As we walked away I realized he just saved my ass from a lot of trouble.

He growled at me softly and roughly picked me up, making me yelp quietly as my neck was jolted quickly making it crack painfully. He looked down to inspect my pain and in his eyes was a quick pang of sorrow but it went away quickly once he looked back at my face. Going stone cold.

I studied his features as he carried me back to his room. Very intimately, I might add. Bridal style.

He had hazel eyes and light brown hair. He was fairly handsome, I had to admit, and nice enough to cover for my running away from him. Maybe if we jump out the window...

He looked down at me and smirked, "I can hear your thoughts, love."

My cheeks heated up, wow that's embarrassing. And ruins my chance of getting away.

He will always know where I am now. And who I'm with, what I am doing, all the things some people who enjoy privacy would never get to indulge in again.

He chuckled once we were in his room he shut the door with a kick of his foot and made a serious expression.

Turning to place me on the bed and give me a scowl. "Cassandra, you can't run away from me, you will be punished and the fact that I saved you tonight could still mean they can break your arm for running from me. The point is you can no longer run away but if you do just know I will always drag you back to me before the guards return you to me. Now, I think we need a formal introduction. I'm Alpha Mason Alexander -Tyson of the Full Blue Moon Pack."

"I'm Cassandra Bell Edison, daughter of Beta Marcus of the Elite Pack, this is my territory next to the Alpha King's castle." I answered back looking down, he was so powerful. I was used to powerful beings but always told to bow down submissively before them.

From my history and geography lessons I knew who he was, he was the alpha of the fifth largest pack in the United States, after the Bastille Pack in Alaska whose Alpha is Alpha Liam Saunders.

Our social status was almost as high as his but our pack was tiny in comparison because only guards or warriors and their families are in the Elite Pack due to being in such close proximity to the Alpha King, Luna Queen, and pups needs protection from others who go against their own race, and object to his rule.

Coming back to the situation at hand. My Alpha was holding me tightly and I almost did not want him to let me go because of the luxurious feeling he was shooting into me, a comfortable warmth and safety.

He put me down but still had his arms wrapped around my waist and his nose against my neck. "Cassie," he said before sucking on his still fresh mark over my neck. I gasped at the immense amount of pleasure that was shot down to my groin. It was extremely sensitive.

"How old are you?" He asked before licking the mark. I couldn't speak as he kissed and nibbled it. I could hardly remember my own name.

He knew exactly what he was doing in making my extremely sensitive mark tingle with pleasure, but he was also healing me, which I had not given him the chance to before. You know, with running away and ripping myself from his arms and barely opened mouth.

"N-ninet-teen," I stuttered after he stopped. He kissed down my neck then lifted his head up.

"We'll have to mate very soon, you know that right, sweetheart?" He asked in worried voice and I silently prayed.

Thank you for not giving me a jerk mate that would make us mate instantly.

As in, in this exact second.

"I know." I answered back softly and nodded at him lightly. "I know."

He smiled down to me thankfully and moved me to the bathroom so I could start to get ready for bed, because he and I both knew there was absolutely no way he would let me go. Not even to go home for a pair of pajamas.

Maybe this mating would turn out alright in the end.

We would just have to see.