33. Clear To You?

Nick

"I see we meet again Rylan, with a plus one." I walked over to the incubator and looked at the baby laying in the bed, watching me through his little eyes

I went over to the sink to wash my hands and dried them before reaching in the incubator to touch his hand.

"What's his name?" I looked over at Rylan

"Amaaz." She answered and continued to watch him

"That's dope.....so this dna test or no?"

"How'd you know I was up here?" She asked disregarding my question

"None of your business. We got a lot to talk about too." I turned my attention back to the baby

He was now kicking his little feet.

"What we got to talk about? I have nothing to say to you"

"You need to be telling me I'm the father and that nigga ain't."

"You're not the father Nick. I was having pregnancy symptoms way before we had sex"

"That wasn't even the first time we had sex so stop acting like it was."

It got quiet.

"But we didn't even do anything for real.You know that."

"Okay but you still missing the fuckin picture, we still had sex more than once! That was your first time cheating on him but we had sex before that and I may still be the father to this baby."

I shook my head and turned to Ry watching her look down at her lap . "You can't be the father Nick. You can't."

"Why not?"

She stayed quiet.

"Answer me. Why you think I been tryna be under you so bad if I didn't believe he was my kid? For fun?"

"We used condoms."

"And condoms break. Like that time in my room when we was supposed to be watching a movie."

She shook her head and rubbed her face. "You can't be his dad okay. No"

I looked at her crazy.

"Like I- no." She said looking up at me

"But what if I am? Then what?" I ask her and she shrugged.

"I'm gonna fucking die."

"I'll bring him to the funeral. I wanna dna test today."

_

Rylan

I bit my lip as I packed my stuff up that was around my room. I was getting discharged tomorrow morning and lord knows I'm not ready to go back home yet. I don't want to leave my baby.