Chapter one: Zoned out

Wind swayed through the trees, jostling the color changing leaves. A few brown ones floated to the ground when they could no longer keep hold of the stiff branches. The trees were changing from green to red and brown at an alarmingly fast rate. Fall was among us now and Cooper couldn't remember the last time he wore a coat to actually keep out the cold. He'd probably end up with a new coat by the end of the week. His mother always insisted he buy a new coat when the leaves started losing its leaves. She said it was because he was a growing boy. Although he didn't know if he should take that as a compliment or not. Whatever the case he wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to buy a new hoodie.

Cooper's meaningless thoughts came to an abrupt end when he felt a hand on his back and was suddenly face planting into the window seal. "Coopie get to work! I want to have time to eat my lunch." A familiar high pitched voice said through giggles. That voice belonged to his best friend, Travis. The hand that had pushed him also belonged to his best friend, Travis. Cooper rubbed his face, he hadn't even realized he zoned out. They were supposed to be organizing the janitor's closet as a punishment for fooling around in class. He felt the broomstick he was supposed to place in the corner with the others in his hand. "Sorry Trav, I got a little side tracked." Cooper said sheepishly, turning his body towards Travis. "It's okay." Travis replied, deepening his voice when he said 'okay'. Cooper chuckled, already used to his friends antics. "What were you thinking about?" Travis asked, placing the empty bucket on the floor besides his feet. "Hmm, nothing in particular." Cooper paused, "do you want to go by the mall with me after school? I'll need a new coat pretty soon." Cooper asked, rubbing his thumb on the side of the broom handle. "Yeah! I need to go gift shopping anyway." Travis picked up the bucket up and opened his mouth to say something, but before he could, the bell rang and a bunch of students pushed their way into the hallway, a few tripping on the few brooms they left out. "Oops..." Travis mumbled. "C'mon, let's finish up here and then go eat lunch." Cooper said to Travis, picking up the brooms on the floor with his other hand.

——-

By the time they were done, they only had fifteen minutes left of lunch. Cooper rested both of his hands on the back of his neck, his elbows on both sides of his face. He found himself in this position more often than not, but he never stayed in it for long due to the weight on his neck. He walked through the hall, Travis beside him, struggling to keep up. "Slow down Coopie, Your walking way to fast!" Travis whined, looking up at Cooper. Cooper chuckled "that's because your legs are short, Libtard." Travis said nothing about the insult, choosing to focus on being called short. He hit Cooper in the back, the former mentioned stumbled a bit forward. "Damn, Travis!" Cooper screeched, attempting to rub at his back. Tavis giggled, opening the doors to the cafeteria.

——

Cooper set his lunch tray down on the table and slid into a seat. Travis on the other hand set his lunchbox down a lot more aggressively, then sat on the seat with his knees. Carson, Cooper's other best friend who already sat at the table, halfway finished with his lunch, sat unbothered by Travis's aggression. "Where the hell have you guys been? I looked like a loser sitting all by myself." Carson exclaimed, taking a bite out of his apple. "You left me here with these guys." Carson tilted his head towards the group to his left. The group consisted of three people. Two of the guys looked like seniors, the other kid looked to be a freshman. The senior with long hair pulled into a bun, was holding out a book and a penny with an 's' sharpied onto it. He was explaining something to the freshman. The senior, wearing white gloves added some information every once in a while. The freshman, who had a ribbon tied around his head didn't look to intimidated despite being surrounded by tall seniors.

"Don't make eye contact! They'll try to sell you something!" Carson hissed through gritted teeth. "We got stuck organizing the janitor closet. Cooper got a little distracted." Travis said, exaggerating the word 'little.'  Cooper rolled his eyes. "Yeah okay, dumbass."

——

Cooper tugged on the binder that was stuck in his locker. He wasn't even sure how he got it in there if he can't even maneuver it's way out. Travis was above him doodling a face and ears over the stain he made on his shirt during lunch. He seemed oblivious to Coopers struggle. Well, that was until Cooper tugged it free unexpectedly, and landed on someone's shoes. "Careful there young man! You could have knocked me right off my feet!" A older yet strangely satisfying voice spoke up above him. Cooper looked up, still leaning on the mans legs. "Hey Pete!" Travis chirped, sticking his pen in the front pocket of his shirt. Oh, it was the teacher across the hall from his math class. Cooper didn't actually have him as a teacher, but he heard nothing but good things about him. He also never heard anyone call Pete anything other than Pete...Strange last name maybe. Cooper stood up, leaving his binder on the ground. "Sorry bout that Mr. Pete." Cooper apologized. "'Mr' makes me feel old, just call me Pete." Pete smiled, "But don't worry about it young man! Mistakes happen." Pete slapped his hand down on his shoulder. "You should head out now. Students aren't allowed in the school by 4:15." Pete chuckled "anyway I'm heading off to do my boring job, goodbye Stranger, Travis." Pete smiled, waving as he walked off.

——

"Strange dude." Cooper mumbled, crouching down to pick up his binder. He stuffed it in his backpack then swung it over his shoulder. "Alright let's head out!" Cooper said, turning towards Travis who nodded eagerly. Cooper kicked his locker shut and started walking down the hall, Travis in tow.

——

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this fanfic! This is my first fanfic so go easy on me! It might take a while for me to capture everyone's personality perfectly, so again, go easy on me.

I don't really know where I'm going with this. I'm thinking of just making this a Slice of Life type of deal. Maybe Cooper meeting other students who are apart of the SMPlive server. I don't plan on doing anything to do with romance unless you guys want.

I apologize for the short chapter, I'm still trying to get a feel for things!

Feel free to comment anyone you want to see in the future chapters! I love getting comments. Gives me confidence! Also just a fair warning, I've only really watched Jschlatt, CallMeCarson, Traves, Cscoop, Tednevison, Wilbur, and sometimes Connoreatspants. So if you suggest anyone else I may not get a personality right. I'll definitely try though :)