Chapter 2: Little boy Ty

Cooper put on the white dress shirt before rolling the sleeves up to his elbows. He pulled on some dark dress pants, and tied a tie around his collar. He looked in the mirror, tightening and untightening his tie a few times before eventually settling on the more comfortable option as he loosened his tie.

His high school, for whatever reason insisted on uniforms. Cooper wouldn't usually have a problem with this because he doesn't care about how he looks, but the snug clothes he wore to school were a stark contrast against his usual baggy clothing.

Cooper pulled the coat he bought with Travis the day before on. He hollered a 'goodbye' to the fish tank, more specifically the fish inside the fish tank. "Jesus Christ..." Cooper muttered to himself as he locked the door.

The crisp fall air swept through his hair and rubbed against his exposed skin, making him shiver. The leaves crunched under the wheels of his skateboard as he rode down the hill. Closing his eyes, he breathed in the cold air. When he opened them he found himself already at the gate of the campus. Cooper sighed, mentally preparing himself for what might come today. He was halfway done praying for himself when his wheel got caught on a rock, his board suddenly stopping, making him lurch forward, his hands just barley saving him from face planting into the concrete.  "Holy cow!" A voice yelled, getting a little louder as the voices owner comes closer. All Cooper could make out from his spot on the ground was a pair of white converse with what looked like a smiley face drawn into them coming to a stop in front of him. "Are you okay?" The voice asked, his voice sounding a little younger now that it wasn't being used while running. Cooper sat up, wincing when he leaned on his hands. They were stinging like a shot on a Friday night (not that Cooper actually drank alcohol. Cooper doesn't condone underage drinking) "Just peachy." Cooper replied, glancing at his hands and grimacing when he saw how scraped up and bloody they were. This wasn't a new occurrence, not at all. He has been skating for what seems like an eternity. Despite this, it still hurt like a bitch on the off chance that he did end up falling. "geez leweez, that looks like it hurts!" The young voice spoke up, breaking Cooper out of his thoughts. He forgot he was even there in the first place.

Cooper looked up at the person the voice belonged to. He was both surprised and unsurprised when he saw the same freshman kid who was being lectured by the tall seniors, after all he wasn't really sure who he expected to be there when he looked up. "You should go with me to the nurse. I was heading there anyway to pick up some bandaids for when Jay does end up getting beaten up." The kid said, tucking the skateboard he just realized he'd picked up under his arm. Cooper chose not to ask about the last part, deciding to leave if for later and ask more important questions. "Right...Hey, would you give me my skateboard back? It's like, the only reason this place hasn't drove me insane." Cooper said, standing up using only his legs. "No can do! What are you going to hold this with? Your beat up hands? I don't think so! Besides, the sandpaper will just further damage your hands." The kid said, starting to walk in the other direction.

"Hey, Wait!" Cooper grumbled hesitatingly walking after him. "Oh! I'm Ty. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier! I was a little caught up with everything else." Ty said laughing awkwardly and pointing his finger down at Coopers beat up hands. "I'm Cooper." He said, after shrugging off the apology. "Well it's nice to meet you, Cooper!" Ty exclaimed, going to hold out his hand before quickly putting it down. "Oh, right." Ty laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head.

They walked down the hall in an awkward silence. Cooper wondered if Ty and Trav would get along. He didn't really want to stick around to find out anyway.

——

"So what did you say about getting bandaids?" Cooper asked, trying to break through the awkward silence. "Somthin' about Jay getting beat up?" Cooper added. "Oh, yeah! Jay, Connor, and I run this sort of business around school." Ty smiled, but it slowly faded, "Well I guess it's more like Jay and Connor run the business...I'm just an intern." Ty said quietly, tightening his grip on Cooper's skateboard. There's another awkward silence, more so for Cooper than for Ty. "Well at least you get paid, right? Can't be that bad." Cooper supplied, looking down at Ty with a reassuring look on his face. At least that's what he hoped it looked like.

"Nah. I don't get paid. It's fun though! I made friends with Connor and Jay! Well I think so...Um, but they're really cool!" Ty said, his big smile returning. "But to answer your question, Jay and Connor go around selling these coins called, Schlatt Coin! In return the buyers give them twenty dollars. The buyers then get the coin when the coin decides whether they are ready or not." Ty says happily, his tone filled with pride. "Although people who buy the Schlatt coin say it's a scam after they buy it. They end up beating Jay up for it, which I think is totally unfair!" Ty grumbles.

"Well I mean, it does sound like a scam." Cooper says snorting at the absolute absurdity of the situation. "Jay says not to call it a scam, but then he calls it a scam right after so I'm not really sure what to call it." Ty replies, tugging on the string of his headband. "Well maybe you should call it something other than a scam so Schlatt doesn't get beaten up." Cooper supplies, holding the door to the nurse's office open for Ty. "Your right- Thanks - I probably should stop calling it that." Ty mumbles.

The nurse greets them with a hello and quickly asks them what they need so early in the morning.

If Cooper parts ways with Ty feeling like he should protect him from his insecurities about his friends, he won't admit it
——
Sorry for taking to long to write this! I know it's not very long but I've been a little busy making art after art for my portfolio to get into a high school so I hope you can forgive me!

This chapter Cooper meets Ty! I haven't really seen a fanfic where Ty is a little anxious about just being "just" an intern so I thought I'd make one! I'm really excited to go further into Ty, Connor, and Schlatt's friendship. I'm hoping that by the end they can all become like family.

Oh and yes, I will refer to Jschlatt as Jay. Hope this doesn't bother you to much.

I really got the inspiration to write again because I saw that someone added this to their reading list! I feel really inspired when I know you guys are enjoying what I'm writing! So please leave a comment or two if you feel like it!