Chapter 5: The Milk Man

Travis and Cooper walked down the hallway towards the cafeteria in a comfortable silence. "So, why weren't you at school yesterday?" Cooper asked, his hands rested behind his neck. "Hm? Oh, my mom was pretty sick so I took care of her." Travis shrugged, rubbing his hands together. "Oh, damn. Is she alright?" Cooper asked in a quieter voice, his arms now at his sides. "Yeah, don't worry! She just had a fever, but it went down. I gave her some ibuprofen and it kicked her fever's butt!" Travis made an attempt to kick the air, but lost balance and stomped his other foot to receive it. Cooper laughed, "That's good to hear."

----

Cooper and Travis walked through the doors and into the cafeteria. While Travis sniffed the air, Cooper looked around the room, spotting Carson in the corner talking to a guy in all white (once again definitely breaking the dress code, but no one says anything anyway so it doesn't really matter.) It was strange seeing Carson in the cafeteria for breakfast. He's usually stocked up on cereal. Cooper looked to his side, jumping when Travis was nowhere to be seen. He looked up and spotted him in the line talking to...Ugh, Joko.

Cooper shook his head, memories of his smashed clay sculpture were coming back to him. He sighed heavily, and then decided to talk to Carson, and his friend to distract him from his inner turmoil.

-----

"Okay well now you're talking about a completely different type of...Food? What the hell even is Cram?"

"Carson have you met Goose before?"
Cooper thought they'd be talking about school or video games when he came to their table, but hearing whatever the hell they were talking about was definitely not one of those. Well actually, maybe it was.

"I mean, we haven't had a formal introduction, but yeah, I know who he is. Why- Uh- Wait a minute. How is this related to anything we were just talking about?" Carson asked. The man in white was about to speak, but Carson noticed Cooper standing behind him, "Hey Cooper."
Cooper took a second to realize he was being talked to, the previous conversation still whirling around in his head. "Hey Carson, Hey...." Cooper paused, looking towards the guy in white, now noticing he was significantly taller than himself. "I'm Ted, but people just call me Ted." Ted said, his voice was new to Cooper, something different, but not uninvited.

"Nice to meet you Ted, i'm Cooper." He said, shaking Ted's hand. "Pleased to meet you as well, Cooper." Ted smiled, tipping his cap, which Cooper now realized had the words "MILK" spread across it. And that wasn't where that stopped. Now that Cooper really looked at him, he was wearing a spot on milkman costume. "So what's up with that?" Cooper asked, his hand gesturing towards Ted's figure. "I'm so glad you noticed, Cooper. You see, I'm selling milk to the children of SMPHS, so they can do exactly what the school tells them to do. Survive and multiply." Ted stated, taking a swig of his milk carton. "Ted, I'm not sure that's what SMP means." Carson chuckled.

"Survive and multiply?" A new voice spoke up behind them. "What?!" That word was spoken in an accent Cooper wasn't even sure existed, and was said fast and high pitched. Cooper turned around, and there was...Yep, Travis. "Why yes Travis! Would you like a carton? It's free! I'm just here to make sure everyone is drinking healthily!" Ted added, "And if you're lactose intolerant, we got you covered!" Ted took out an almost identical looking milk carton, only it was green instead of light blue. Travis giggled, taking a piece off of his cafeteria made pancakes, and bringing to his mouth, "No thanks, I'm pretty stocked up on breakfast." He said, popping the piece of pancake into his mouth.

"So Carson, why are you here? You usually eat breakfast at home." Cooper asked, looking down at Carson's full tray. "You haven't eaten anything either." Cooper finished, waving his hand when Ted offered him a carton. "Oh. I wanted to watch Ted do his...What even is this? A bit? And they wouldn't let me in here without getting something to eat." Carson answered him, poking at the plastic encased pancake. "Okay Carson, listen, this is not a bit. I'm completely and utterly serious." Ted said, his voice deeper. His previously steely face cracked into a grin "Get it? Utterly? Utter? Cows have udders, and they ma-" Ted cut himself off by a fit of laughter, Travis joining in without a sound thought. Carson did chuckle a bit, but Cooper was not impressed in any shape of form. Cooper finally let out of chuckle of confusion when Ted muttered "ahh I'm a dad." under his breath.

"No, but seriously, I am very serious about this." Ted's face was once again back to steel, and then there was a silence that was slowly turning awkward until they were saved by the bell.
They said their goodbyes and headed a seperate way from Ted. "Weird guy." Cooper said after a while of walking in the hallway. "Yeah, but he's still a great guy." Carson responded, and Cooper couldn't help but agree even if he had only known him for a few minutes. Maybe that wasn't even him, maybe a persona? People here seemed to like doing that a lot.

When they finally arrived at homeroom, they took their seats in the corner, and Cooper noticed some writing on his desk, "Eat pant, Conar?..." Cooper mumbled under his breath. Maybe he was reading it wrong? It looked smudged like someone tried to wipe it off. Must be some idiots who had his homeroom teacher as an actual class.

"So what was Joko talking to you about? I saw you with him in the line this morning." Carson said, taking a sip out of his water bottle. "He has been asking me where your locker has been for the past three weeks." Carson added, capping his bottle. "Seriously? You had that long to tell him, and you didn't?" Cooper asked, his voice more aggressive than usual. "Yeah...Why are you so worked up about it?" Carson asked, his face contorted into a mix of confusion and frustration. "He broke my art project yesterday, because I didn't tell him."

.
.
.

"Wait really? Sorry, dude." Carson said after a bit "Yeah, whatever, it's fine. Pretty sure he's retared anyway. No way to stop it in the first place." Cooper half joked.

"So, what'd he say to you Trave?"

Just watched the new LunchClubTV video and I'm so hyped for this