Day V: Cookies

"Jesus, Tony! What's that smell?" He coughed, noticing the air was a bit....Stuffy. Cloudy, too. Almost like smoke.

Steve was sitting on the couch as he took note of the alarming fact something smelled burnt. I mean, for god sakes there was SMOKE coming from the kitchen in large quantities.

With a huff, Steve opened up a window and held his nose as he wondered into the kitchen. There, he seen the most disasterous mess he's ever seen. I mean, he thought after a battle was messy- But NOTHING compared to this.

Bowls and pans were scattered. Some unknown substance was all over counters, walls- It looked dough like. Minus the consistency- this was LIQUID. And believe me, it was DRIPPING. On the counter laid three trays- both with burnt something's on them. In the oven, the door was open with a bright light- fire- barely sparking from it. This is where the smoke came from. Tony was infront of the oven, constantly throwing water onto the fire and soaking the inside in the process.

Plus, well, ruining the oven.

"Stop standing around and help me!" Tony ordered Steve, who stood in dismay. Did Tony Stark really try to cook and fail miserably? Steve couldn't help but smile and burst out laughing, which earned a piercing glare from Tony.

He was definitely sleeping on the couch tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So, what were you trying to make?" Steve hummed as he finished wiping down the now clean counter. The kitchen was cleaned, thank god, and the smoke had cleared. Tony took a moment to answer, almost as if he was disappointed in himself.

"Cookies." He finally muttered out, sweeping the floor. This only made Steve laugh more. "How do you burn cookies THAT bad? It was all over- Everything!" Tony rubbed the back of his neck, looking at the ceiling. "I mistook the eggnog for milk, okay? I thought they'd bake just fine until I added too much and panicked. Instead of adding more flour, I just dumped it on a pan and stuck it in the oven. That was just round one." He explained, putting the broom to the side.

"The second round I forgot eggs and butter. And the third round I realized we didn't have butter so I added a shit ton of vegetable oil." He sighed. "Then I fell asleep and burnt all of them. Karma for staying up all night."

Steve smiled lightly as he shook his head. "Jesus, Tony. You're something else. Why didn't you ask for help?" He questioned. "It could have been a bonding experience or something-" Tony smirked lightly at that. Steve turned a light rose pink before dying it down.

"Not in that way." He groaned. Quickly, he changed the subject. "Why don't we just get one of the assistants to pick up some cookies? Some holiday ones- Like little Santa's and snowmen. It'll be cute." Steve suggested.

Tony simply shrugged. "Or we could eat the burnt ones and imagine they're from Rachel Ray. Take our chances at food poisoning." He leaned against the counter.

Steve rolled his eyes.

"I'll stick to the Santa cookies."

------------------------------------------------------

Btw if you haven't figured out already, these aren't the same au like a timeline day-by-day. These are just several aus.

And yes, i know Tony can cook in the mcu bUT as mentioned, this is just an au :')
don't come at me m8